Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 FX45 with NAV.. I'd like to add Sirius and do the stealth install.. from what I understand, I need:

From Grubbs:

OEM Nissan/Infiniti Satellite Radio Kit for Infiniti FX35/45 ($284.99)

N-Bus Jumper Harness for FX45/35 ($13.99)

From MyRadioStore.com:

Blitzsafe XM Micro Antenna XM1SAA ($24.99)

Blitzsafe XM-1DAS Antenna Splitter ($19.99)

Is this everything that I need to do the stealth install?

Also, I haven't even seen a working picture yet of the stealth install, does anybody have one?

Thanks!

-Brett

·
Registered
187 Posts
I actually bought everything from Grubbs. Their micro antennae they sell worked fine for the stealth install. I just bought the OEM satellite kit, and the terk micro antennae. There used to be picks on freshalloy, but I can’t see them anymore. When I get home, I can post a pic.

·
Registered
789 Posts
yep the parts you listed cover everything you need. i bought everything from grubbs also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I buy just two items from Grubbs, the OEM Sat Kit and the Micro antenna, is that all I need? You're saying that I don't need any other of those N bus adapters or cables?

Thanks!

-Brett

·
Registered
187 Posts
My N-bus adapter came with my kit I think. If you want, just order your stuff over the phone, to make sure you have everything covered. You MUST have the N-bus adapter. Like I said, everything was in my kit. Although, thier discription does not clearly indicate if it is included, so I would call them.

·
Registered
789 Posts
my kit came opened and without the adapter :evil: i had my trunk apart for about a week waiting for it. make sure you get the adapter.

tuner kit
adapter
antenna
patience

thats all you need

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Judge said:
my kit came opened and without the adapter :evil: i had my trunk apart for about a week waiting for it. make sure you get the adapter.

tuner kit
adapter
antenna
patience

thats all you need
dont forget that some antennas will also require a "splitter" so that the single line of the antenna can be split for the input into the OEM tuner. the N-bus then goes from the tuner to the stock wiring harness

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just checked grubbs.

When installing this kit on your FX35/45 you will need a Satellite Antenna of your choice and the N-Bus Jumper Harness. Required Antenna and N-Bus Jumper Harness sold separately. For more information please refer to the installation instructions on the previous page for more information

"SIRIUS mini antenna * includes required splitter"

1. Satellite radio kit

2. N-Bus Adapter

3. micro antenna

Also, make sure you download the pdf instructions from grubbs. Verify that you have all the tools for the job 10 and 12mm sockets, extension ect..... I had to go back to the store 3 times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I just ordered the sirius sat kit, n-bus adapter and the micro antenna from grubbs.. $380 total, not too bad...

does anybody have pics of this "Stealth install" i've heard about?

thanks for the help!

-Brett

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
piniti, are you running stealth? i cant remember if you had XM or sirius or nothing .....

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yes, Stealth "XM"
Bareback KITI! :D

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
man, im liking this rail-less thing more and more....especially when i see shots like the previous one :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
woah ... drsvelte what and where did you get them bags hanging off your rear seat head rests? great way to store the headphones .. more info on what and where please

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
i've been reading up on this site for weeks before i actually bought my fx, that way i learned everything i needed to know, when i actually got my car i was very well educated on the parts i would need for my satellite radio install, however since i was still a newbie to this whole self-install-movement i called grubbs and told them "hey if i want to install the satellit radio what are the exact parts i would need, no more no less..." the rep on the phone then proceeded to give me the exact list of items, so when i went to the website i ordered everything (as well as other things to bring up my total price to $500 to get the free shipping), when it all arrived i did a flawless stealth install with the directions provided...hope this helps...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts