Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any good recommendations for a car purchase in the Greensboro/Winston Salem area and who to talk to on a 2008/2009 FX?

·
Registered
64 Posts
dont go to carmax, we went home and looked for a FX to ship back with us and went to a few car maxes in that area... awful cars and service!!!

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
I don't know how far you are willing to travel, but Kenny (da mayor) has helped MANY members here locate and purchase an Infiniti. Every person has had nothing but the best to say about him and the service/treatment they received.

A trip to NYC, a new FX and a road trip back home to NC sounds like the perfect plan. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2006 FX35 from "Infiniti of Raleigh" which has since been renamed "Crossroads Infiniti". It's about 2 hours or so from Winston Salem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two thoughts...
1) Bought my 2005 FX from Carmax in Winston-Salem in 2007 (I live in Asheboro) and got a good deal, not great but good and I was pleased with their service and they were easy to work with. I bought my wife a Toyota mini-van from the carmax in GSO the next year. No issues at all with either car.

2) HAve used Modern Inifinit in Greensboro for all service issues ever since and been extremely pleased with their professonalism and their work. I have had the dashboard replaced twice for bubbling, once under warranty, once out. They replaced the dull window trim pieces with no questions. Excellent work and easy to work with. Loaner cars automatically given etc. Would have no concerns buying form them in the future.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Carmax won't let you get the car inspected unless you BUY IT FIRST. Then you "have 5 days to return it." Riiiiighht...
But I did sell our car to them, as they gave the highest written quote by far!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
carolinafx said:
I have had the dashboard replaced twice for bubbling, once under warranty, once out.
You should get a refund for the out of warranty dash that was replaced... INFINITI issued a several year, NO MILEAGE warranty on the dashboards sometime last year so I'm pretty sure EVERYONE was covered... you'll probably need to show a proof of payment but even if you threw out your invoice, the dealership should be able to print off a new one for you...

The letter about the new warranty on the dash is somewhere here... just don't remember where... I think it's in the LONG dashboard bubbling thread... do a search and you should be able to find it relatively easily...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old post, but in case anyone is checking this at a later date - we just bought a new 2012 FX from Rodney at Infiniti of Charlotte. He did an excellent job of selling us the features and benefits of the FX (we were looking at several competitors) without being pushy. We left after the first test drive because we still had more makes/models to drive and explore. No hassel. We got another test drive when we returned and ended up with a nice deal on a beautiful vehicle when all was said & done.

Rodney is by far their top volume sales person (we spied on their sales tracking board on the wall), though others there treated us well, also. I'm looking forward to driving mine a little more. We've had it two weeks and so far the wife has had it most of the time! :redhotevil:

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
TAL2GK said:
looking forward to driving mine a little more. We've had it two weeks and so far the wife has had it most of the time!
Grats on the FX and looks like both of you have great taste! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts