Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said on another tread, I havent' had any problem with Discount Tire. Then here comes the story.

Got Toyo mounted and loved their look and ride. I was expecting more noise but couldn't notice. I was able to feel them through steering than to hear them.

After everything's done, I noticed that there was a big bulge on the floor of driver side. I thought, "that wasn't there.". Checked out passenger side and there was another one. Each of them was about as big as large pancake and was about 2-3 inch high. Guess what happen.

When they lifted my FX, they missed frame and instead, they put those blocks on FLOOR PAN! :evil:

Now I have two large dent on my front floor and two little ones in the back. Went to Infiniti dealer to get a letter saying these are not normal and also went to a couple body shop for quotes. It won't be difficult to fix. Bodyshop guy basically needs to remove the seats and carpet and hammer the bulge down until they get flat.

Like I said, what a day... :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
bro that sucks! that ticks me off and i've got nothing to do with it!! :x

cause even when it's fixed it's still there in your memory.....inexcusable!!

best of luck with it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
****. Sorry to hear that man. How nice of Discount Tire to not even mention anything wrong with the floors when they got back in and drove it around and out of the garage :roll: Will Discount Tire accept the responsibility for the damage?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Jeez, it never ceases to amaze me...

I hope you went back and gave 'em **** at the store and are making them pay for it at the very least.

·
Registered
882 Posts
a lot of shops don't own up to their mistakes...pisses me off that we pay them top money to have them try to dick us.

Infiniti broke my seat control when replacing my seat rails and the tech tried to glue it together and hope I wouldn't notice.

BTW, how are the tires :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow... Amazing.... I feel for you Brother!... Now I am freakin out b/c i need to replace my tires soon. :?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Discounter Tire will pay for the damage. They first tried to deny their fault. I didn't have a camera, so I told the manager write a letter saying Discounter Tire will pay for the repair if the damage was done by it. Then I obtained a letter signed by the dealer service manager to prove that those bulges were done when the car was lifted improperly. Well, they still were trying to deny their fault but like I cared as long as they pay for it. It will be fixed next Wed.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
First... sorry to hear about this!!!

This is one of the reason's I'm desperately trying to find an online tire dealer to sell me the tires I want cheap (Falken S/TZ04). I want them drop shipped to a local place I *trust*. (Performance Alignment in Cincinnati, OH)

This crap happens way to often, and I'd rather my FX keep its "retarded employee" virginity if possible. So far, Sears has the best deal I can find but I'm scared to take the FX there :-/

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dmtalon said:
First... sorry to hear about this!!!

This is one of the reason's I'm desperately trying to find an online tire dealer to sell me the tires I want cheap (Falken S/TZ04). I want them drop shipped to a local place I *trust*. (Performance Alignment in Cincinnati, OH)

This crap happens way to often, and I'd rather my FX keep its "retarded employee" virginity if possible. So far, Sears has the best deal I can find but I'm scared to take the FX there :-/
I understand. I just don't know much about shops in the area and wanted to get things done quickly without carrying tires around. This morning, I went to the different Discount Tire(4 of them in 20 miles radius) to have them rebalance and manager did a superb job. He said he used to do wheel/tire job for guys at Chicago Bulls and Bears.

I think you can buy direct from Discount Tire too.

·
Registered
706 Posts
CHeck with Costco. They can get tires fairly cheap and you don't have to put them on there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally, those big bulges on the floor are fixed and body shop did a superb job. It only took 6 hours for them to repair and waited half a day for under coating to dry.

They told me they were impressed with the structure of FX. After lifted the carpet and pads up, they found floor pan was actually in channel shape and there were bunch of foams between the channels.

Anyway, it was a good lesson and I'm waiting for my Kuda mount for XM and phone. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts