Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to ask, “What If”

Infiniti has ended the FX/QX70 run (rumors are it will be back). I’m not feeling the style of the QX50-60-80. If you had to buy your next car to replace your FX/QX70 and you could not buy an older model. What would the replacement car(SUV). Now mine would be the Jag F-Pace (I’m concerned about the reliability with the Jag and it’s a diesel) I’ve listed a short list of alternatives below and you can add your own.

Jag F-Pace
BMW X6
Rover Evoque
Porsche Cayenne

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I have been looking at the Mercedes GLC for a possible replacement but would want the AMG43 to increase performance. Also, along the same lines the Audi SQ5 would accomplish this but both vehicles are pretty common in my area so I lose that "small market" feel of the FX.

From Porsche I would say the Macan is a better match for replacing the FX but pricing is high for a Macan S or better.

The Alfa Romeo Stelvio is slightly smaller but retains that "uncommon" feel. It also suffers from a questionable quality reputation.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
one of the things that strikes me about the fx50 is the shooting brake profile. I don't really feel it off of a lot of newer small suv's like the sq5. Volvo's new suvs are pretty sharp looking, nice long hoods. I test drove a nicely equipped xc90 that was one of the nicest interiors I've ever been in. The xc60 would be a better match for the fx. macan seems like a good replacement. F Pace R looks really nice also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have thought of what to replace my 12 FX50S with myself. A QX70 but has to be a 5.0. I was also thinking of the Jaguar F pace they have a V8 model and it is supercharged I believe. All I know is I gotta have something with the same or better power wise. I can never go back down. Once in a while I drive my wife’s Nissan Murano and it just don’t cut it for me lol. Anybody else gotta any other ideas on a sport SUV’s that might be comparable to the FX/QX truck ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didn't realize the f pace was available in SVR trim. the price isn't outrageous when you consider what the fx50s sold for when new and adjust for inflation. Same for the macan gts/turbo for that matter.

FTR murano is a bad comparison to the fx50. I drive a mdx with 300ish hp (my wife drives the fx50s) and while it's not AS fast it's no slouch and is still pretty amusing to drive in the city with the sporty awd system.

I wouldn't bother "upgrading" to the qx70 5.0, it's 99% the same as your 2012 fx50. the 1% being the different badges.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah they have a 5.0 V8 that’s about 550 horsepower and another V6 model supercharged that’s around 390. I mean so far the Jaguar seems to me to be my next replacement. I only considered a newer Q70 V8 since it would be lower miles than my own I am already around 78,000 on mine. And yes the Murano is nothing near the FX50 but it still a nice driving car it the highway when you need to get through and have to punch it at that moment I wanna be in the FX. But I am probably staying with my truck for another 2 years since I always buy my cars cash I have quite a bit of saving to still do hopefully I can get like. 2017 or 18 Jaguar with low enough miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
F-Pace has always caught my eye as “looking like” the replacement for an FX owner/fan.

I’d also have to give a very close look at the Macan. It’s smaller, but super sexy and as long as you go S or above, it’s got the speed & power.

As for going backwards in power, it takes some time I’m sure. I’m about to find out, as I just got rid of a Q60 Red Sport and bought a ‘05 FX45. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also feel like the rumored QX55 will be a strong attempt at recapturing a little piece of the market. Infiniti has made some odd decisions over the years, but eliminating the fx only to replace it with the 2 liter QX50 was just silly. Right when ever other car maker from Jaguar to Bentley to Lambo jumped into the sport-SUV market, Infiniti essentially jumped out. Foolish. Hopefully the 55 will make up for it. We’ll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts