Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Everyone,

Today we picked up our 2005 FX35 AWD. What an awesome vehicle and a resounding upgrade to our MDX.

The tale of the tape:

Copper/Brick
Tech
Touring
20" Wheels (not sport pkg)
Splash guards
Cargo protector
All-Season Mats

Ray Catena Infiniti was head and shoulders above everyone else for price and customer service. We were treated like gold.

I would post some pics but it is dark now, tomorrow is another day

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could but my wife split with it already. But she is due home any minute

Forgot to add we got in on the 2.9% 60mo financing that came out on Monday for 2005's

·
Registered
387 Posts
Awesome and congratulations! Can't wait for the pics!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
BirdMan said:
Well Everyone,

Today we picked up our 2005 FX35 AWD. What an awesome vehicle and a resounding upgrade to our MDX.
An official welcome and congrats. I too am an MDXer and still love it. I do not consider the FX to even be competition for the MDX. MDX is a 7-seat large family vehicle; FX is a small 5-seat (4 really) sporty XUV. I like them both for very diffeent reasons. Did you have problems with your MDX?

Were you a member or http://www.acuramdx.org? I am a longtime member and a top poster over there (our current '04 MDX is our second). 8)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Does Catena still have women in evening gowns greeting you?

Congratulations and welcome! If your wife is like mine, you won't see much of the car. My wife fell in love with ours at the Philly Auto Show in Jan '04 and couldn't wait to trade her '00 ML for it - we only had 57k on the ML, but we were able to convince ourselves it was a necessary acquisition...

Ray Catena used to have formally dressed "greeters" in the showroom - do they still do that?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welccme to the club :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
msu79gt82,

Nothing was wrong with the MDX, except maybe the leather seats after 18k looked like they had 200k on them. The kids outgrew the 3rd row seat so a 5 passenger XUV is cool for us.

We did like the MDX touch Navi screen though, made inputing destinations on the run a whole lot easier.

How cool are these adjustable HID's ?

I was a member of AcuraMdx.org, hadn't posted there is a while though, great group of people as well (just like here)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it was 8 degees here this morning and it was so nice to be able to walk up to the FX and not have to take off my gloves to rummage for my keys. This keyless entry/start is great

One not so great missing item that should really be added to the 2006 models is the door lights. Out MDX and TL has them and they serve the obvious safety benefit of allerting oncoming cars that your door is open, plus when you go to step out of your car you can see so much better when the ground is illuminated right whre you will be stepping. A simple and cheap fix for Infiniti.

Can't wait for this 12"-18" of snow they are predicting to check the FX and her 20"inch wheels out

·
Registered
779 Posts
Can't wait for this 12"-18" of snow they are predicting to check the FX and her 20"inch wheels out
Same thing in Chicago. We already have 9-10 inches is burbs...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You should have the puddle lights. Maybe they're just not as strong as your other cars, but they should be there.

BirdMan said:
plus when you go to step out of your car you can see so much better when the ground is illuminated right whre you will be stepping. A simple and cheap fix for Infiniti.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
93til said:
You should have the puddle lights. Maybe they're just not as strong as your other cars, but they should be there.

BirdMan said:
plus when you go to step out of your car you can see so much better when the ground is illuminated right whre you will be stepping. A simple and cheap fix for Infiniti.
I have to double check that thanks, are they in the doors bottoms ?

Too much snow to go outside and look now, but I will check it out tomorrow

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yes. All 4 doors should have them. I actually didn't know I had them either until I was going over a spec sheet the dealership gave me. Went out to the garage at night, and sure enough, they're there!

BirdMan said:
93til said:

BirdMan said:
I have to double check that thanks, are they in the doors bottoms ?

Too much snow to go outside and look now, but I will check it out tomorrow

·
Registered
142 Posts
:c: :eek:: :n: :g: :r: :a: :t: :s: !
Birdman.
Enjoy and hurry up with the pictures... I know it's snowing.
I wish I could've closed a deal with them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well her she is, I must say we are surprised by how good the AWD/20" tire combo is in the snow.

I really buried it with my snowblower and it came right out, even when snow was piled up to the hood

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Car looks great! I've got a 2002 MDX as well (which my wife drives). Just like it's been said, we love it for more of the utility reasons. Again, congratulations...the liquid copper was my next color choice to the DG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.