Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long before I made the decision to trade our MDX for a new FX I was enamored with the newly announced EX - early information suggested that this could be my "dream" car (mind you this was before it actually debuted and long before any real '09 FX info was available). But I read up and studied everything about the new EX was floored by its new technology, Around View Monitor and Welcome Lighting to name a couple. Alas the EX arrived and it was way too small to fit my needs - and along came the '09 FX.

Now I began reading and studying the FX. The printed brochure says the '09 has Welcome Lighting and I assumed that Infiniti meant like the EX has. Well either Infiniti marketing writers are idiots, or Infiniti is purposely misleading, or my FX is broke. My FX does not appear to respond to my key fob the way the EX does. The EX senses your Intelligent Key and eight exterior and interior lights sequentially light up upon arrival.

The FX cost much more than the EX and the book claims Welcome Lighting. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Someone posted before that there's a way to get it set up... it doesn't come preset that way... hopefully one of the 2nd gen FX owners can post how to do it again or you can try to search for it...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DatMan said:
Someone posted before that there's a way to get it set up... it doesn't come preset that way... hopefully one of the 2nd gen FX owners can post how to do it again or you can try to search for it...
Thanks, found it. I've been around long enough to know about search, just lazy :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally found it in the manual too (must have been half-asleep the first time I looked :? ); apparently it comes from the factory in the Disabled Mode because it is programmed to deactivate itself after 14 days if inactivity anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To activate or deactivate the welcome light
function, perform the following procedure. Note
that the function is set to disabled as the
factory default setting.

1. Push the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Open the driver's side door.
3. Push the door open request switch on the
driver's side door handle for more than 5
seconds with the driver's door open.
4. A chime sounds when the setting is completed.
Once the welcome light function is active, the
puddle light sA and the passenger cabin illumination
will illuminate when you approach the
vehicle with the Intelligent Key (within approximately
3.3 feet (1 m) of the antenna built inside
the door handles) and the following conditions
are met.
- All doors are closed and locked.
- The ignition switch is in the LOCK or OFF
position.
- The Intelligent Key is outside the vehicle.
- The puddle light operates within a set duration.
The welcome light function will be deactivated
automatically if it does not operate within a set
duration to prevent battery discharge. Note that
the duration is set to 14 days as the factory
default setting. An INFINITI dealer can customize
the set duration from 1 to 14 days. Contact
an INFINITI dealer for details.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Funny you posted this. I had this same issue back in May. I thought I was nuts when I called the dealership and even they said they had no idea that the FX was capable of this. So being determined to prove my sanity to myself and to them, I found it in the owner’s manual then called the idiots back and schooled them on their own car. DUH!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My puddle lights are going off for 15 minutes then coming back on and remaining on causing my battery to drain. The overhead cabin lights are on the same circuit and I have switched them to the Off position so they do not burn indefinitely. I have tried resetting the program as described in the manual at least 6 times and hearing the confirmation tone each time. Those lights are still burning, the puddle lights are LED so the drain is not quiet so bad but this has to stop. I looked at the fuse box but could not make sense of it. Any ideas on a solution?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Sounds like you have a weird electrical gremlin... Have you tried unplugging the battery for 30 minutes to see if the settings reset?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My puddle lights are going off for 15 minutes then coming back on and remaining on causing my battery to drain. The overhead cabin lights are on the same circuit and I have switched them to the Off position so they do not burn indefinitely. I have tried resetting the program as described in the manual at least 6 times and hearing the confirmation tone each time. Those lights are still burning, the puddle lights are LED so the drain is not quiet so bad but this has to stop. I looked at the fuse box but could not make sense of it. Any ideas on a solution?
Did you ever figure this out? I have an FX35 and just out of the blue it is doing the same thing. Every 20 minutes the lights come on and stay on until I hit the lock button. They then come back on 20 minutes later. It is at the Infinity Dealer now for 2 days and they are stumped and have no idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts