Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: G35 2003, 150k mi

This past week my FOB stopped unlocking car doors, so I've had to do it manually (I just replaced the battery on the FOB a month ago and had been working fine since replacement). Earlier last week, I manually opened car and all of the windows started rolling down on their own without the car being on, and all doors unlocked. When I turned on car to roll them down, they began unrolling again as I took keys out. (I was not pressing on any buttons at this time.) After another attempt to roll up windows with car on, they stayed, and I didn't experience any problems for a few days.

Today while sitting in car after turning it off, the windows began to unroll and the doors unlocked. After turning it back on to roll them up, the alarm system started going off. I hadn't pressed any alarm buttons, and I wasn't able to do anything to turn off the alarm. When I decided to drive the car home, the doors began unlocking on their own.

Backstory: A month or two ago, I had taken the car to my mechanic when the car seemed to grumble and dashboard lights were turning on. He had kept it in the shop for three days, as he wasn't able to figure out what the problem was, but suspected it may have had something to do with the computer. After a few days, the car started working on its own and wouldn't replicate the problem. He called it the "ghost" and it appears to be acting up again, with different symptoms.

Any clue what could be going wrong? I'm not sure I can really afford a new car but this thing is causing me headaches. I couldn't find anything quite like this in my searches. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**I know this is an FX forum. Just throwing it out there in case there are other models with similar issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts