Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

since two days I have a noise from the CD-Player every time I turn the ignition on. It sounds like the CD Player is trying to load a CD but it seems there is something stuck. It just rattles three or four times for approximately 5 seconds and then there is nothing but silence. The screen just shows "push eject" and that's it. Radio works fine, just CD not.

Last night I pulled the fuse for the Radio. This mornig I pushed it in again but it dosen't help.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Got the same problem.
I think that CD changer is dead and asking for repair.

Meanwhile I took off the unit and removed the 3 CD of 6 sitting inside.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the headunit as well and removed all CDs from the player without any change. Still get the rattling...

Sounds a bit like the small cog wheels are turning over.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Did you fully unlpug it? Somewhat common with nissan cd changers is they jam up. A full unplug and let it sit for 5 minutes may fix it. Pulling the fuse or battery cables can accomplish the same thing as well. Give it a try.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the head unit to remove the CDs witch took me about an hour. Nothing changed. Then it removed the fuse over night, at least for 8 hours. Nothing changed.

Is there may be another solution?

Thanks again for your ideas...

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Only thing left is disassembly and repair im afraid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clarion is the manufacturer, right? I hope they can help me out over here in Germany...

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
yup

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clarion in Germany says, they can't help me cause it's an American product and they haven't either any documentation nor the parts to repair it. They said, I may be can ship it to Clarion USA and hopfully they can help me out. But I think this will be a very long, complicated and expensive way to get a radio fixed. I think I will get it to a local radio shop. May be they can fix it.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
MadoxX said:
I think I will get it to a local radio shop. May be they can fix it.
Just look online... there are some electronics shops that are VERY good and can fix pretty much anything... and there are some Russian shops that also fix the radio to tune into EVEN numbered stations...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm really frustrated! No one seems to be able to help me. All I hear is "you have to ship it to the US and get it fixed by Clarion USA, we can't do it, due to european laws"! And I not sure about shipping my Radio to Russia, to get it fixed by someone I don't know, without the chance, going there by myself anytime.

So, is there a possibility to diconnect the CD charger, that it doesn't make that sound anytime I switch on the ignition? It's really annoying!

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
You would rather do surgery on your radio than listen to some small noises for 5 seconds? :?

If you dont want to ship it out, then why not find a replacement on ebay. Sounds easier to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
johnmax said:
If you dont want to ship it out, then why not find a replacement on ebay. Sounds easier to me.
I am already looking for a replacement on eBay, but on eBay Germany there are no Radios at all and on eBay USA everyone is just shipping to the US.

That's why I'm asking to disconnect the CD charger until I find a replacement. And by the way the noise is pretty loud and it lasts 4 times 5 seconds. That is annoying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meanwhile I pulled my radio apart and figured out that the small gears from the drive motor are worn out and need to be replaced. This means I can fix it by myself for just some $$$ :D
I just need a store how sells them ::?

Here in Germany I couldn't find anything, yet. Do you guys now a store witch sells these small black and white gears?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts