Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a 1450 mile roundtrip from Dallas to Illinois to visit my family. On my way there I got 21.3 mpg with and average speed of about 68mph. (This was the computer averages). The return trip I got 20.0 mpg. I was driving into a stiff headwind most of the way back accounting for the lower MPG.

In addition, the ride was a little stiff on some stretches of road (felt like you were driving on steps) but when on smooth surfaces was great. The seats were very comfortable with no discomfort from the seat switches being on the side of the seat. The car ran like a champ and the Satellite radio was outstanding the whole way. Never had to worry about finding a station.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
FXLENT said:
I was driving into a stiff headwind most of the way back accounting for the lower MPG.
It's amazing how much the wind direction and velocity can affect the MPG. Last May I did an experiment on a 5 mile stretch of a perfectly flat bridge; I got almost 21 mpg in one direction and close to 29 mpg on the return.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a big difference. Maybe you were on a hill :lol:

I was expecting to get at least 22-23 on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
No, it was the flat part of this bridge:

A few hours passed before I returned, so perhaps the wind picked up some as well. I would also contribute the high mileage numbers to being able to drive exactly the same speed the whole distance. On the few long highway trips I've had, I never average much more than 19 to 20.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
<twitch>
<twitch>

The - the - the - Ssssan Mmmmmateo bridge! <twitch>
During the dot-com era, I got stuck on that summabitch for 2 goddamn hours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.