Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i zaino'd my fx the other day and got 2 coats on. a few days later, got caught in the rain and subsequently parked it in the garage. when it dried, there were water spots all over! i tried washing (with the zaino wash) and using the chamois...they were still there. this did not happen when i have used other products; does anyone else find the same thing?? how i got rid of them was to have the chamois in one hand and a microfibre towel in the other and wipe it immediately after using the chamois..it was just a p.i.t.a. to do so. will more coats prevent this from happening?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I have yet to use a polish that prevents water spots from beaded water drying on the car; Zaino is no different. It doesn't help having a black car either. I have to wash mine indide the garage b/c any exposure of the black paint to sunlight = instant water spots. Sometimes even then, I can't dry the thing quickly enough to prevent spotting. When I do get spots, a spritz of Z6 and a good wipe with a microfiber cloth gets rid of them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did the sun hit your FX before you got it to the garage? Which Zaino products did you use?

What MustGoFastR said.... Z6 is a snap for gettin rid of water spots.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o.k...i'll try the z6 next time on them. i got caught again today but chamoi'd it when i got into the garage.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
this is interesting....water spots should come right off when you wash with the Zaino car wash. i just use a generic bone shaped sponge and the zaino car wash.

what kind of chamois are you using? i use a synthetic leather type and this works great..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts