Infiniti FX Forum banner

Water leak

15K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Elvis1882 
#1 ·
Hey found a puddle of water on the passenger side underneath the glove box... do anyone know where that could be coming from ??

#4 ·
I assume by "blind spots" you mean the "A" pillars. If those are getting wet, then you may have a windshield gasket leak. Was the windshield recently replaced?

The cowl is the plastic piece that sits over the bottom of the windshield. There is a small foam seal between the cowl and the windshield to deflect water. It often dries out.

#6 ·
I can't give you a pic since the seal is hidden under the plastic pieces a the bottom of the windshield. If you remove the plastic cowl, it will likely damage the seal since it is just a foam rope seal. It is #7 in the link below.

#16 ·
Looking under the car won’t tell you anything. You need to remove the glovebox and side kick plate, then look inside while someone pours water on the windshield and then the sunroof. The cowl seals doesn’t drain anything, it just stops water from getting inside the car.

#18 ·
99.9% sure you have clogged sunroof drains. See my post here from several years ago:

#21 ·
I had same Problem. Mine was the Sunroof drains were clolged. Don't shove anything hard into the drain plugs of the Sunroof, as you may disconnect the hose drain that is attached to the Sunroof, then you will have a bigger leak and have to take off the sun visor and those handles above the driver's side and passenger side so you can reattach the sun roof drain hose. So do not use force when using a hangar, You can use something softer and flexible like the oil dip stick.

Open the Sunroof top. Stand up facing the front of your vehicle. To the left and right of the Sunroof channel, they are two tiny holes. If you don't see the holes, they are most likely blocked, try celaing out the corners of the Sunroof track with some wet bounty's, then find the holes with fingers or something like a pencil. After You shove a flexible object down the holes, pour some water and vinegar down the drains. If it's unclogging the water and vinegar will channel down to the bottom of the car where the fender and door meet under the car. Do this every year, wether you think you need it or not, trust me, you will save yourself a headache of a soaked, stinky, smelly mildew FX :eek:/

You just reminded me. I have to clean out my sunroof drains ?

Let me know how it goes.

#20 ·
I had same Problem. Mine was the Sunroof drains were clolged. Don't shove anything hard into the drain plugs of the Sunroof, as you may disconnect the hose drain that is attached to the Sunroof, then you will have a bigger leak and have to take off the sun visor and those handles above the driver's side and passenger side so you can reattach the sun roof drain hose. So do not use force when using a hangar, You can use something softer and flexible like the oil dip stick.

Open the Sunroof top. Stand up facing the front of your vehicle. To the left and right of the Sunroof channel, they are two tiny holes. If you don't see the holes, they are most likely blocked, try celaing out the corners of the Sunroof track with some wet bounty's, then find the holes with fingers or something like a pencil. After You shove a flexible object down the holes nice and easy, pour some water and vinegar 25% vinegar 75% water down the drains. If it's unclogging the water and vinegar will channel down to the bottom of the car where the fender and door meet under the car and or you will smell it when it comes down the drain/s Do this every year, wether you think you need it or not, trust me, you will save yourself a headache of a soaked, stinky, smelly mildew FX :eek:/

You just reminded me. I have to clean out my sunroof drains ?

Let me know how it goes. Hope this helps you out some.

#24 ·
Hey all, so I get complete saturation of my floors also but how can a little water running down from inner pillar from clogged drainage do that? I'm saying little because my sun roof be closed and sealed....presumably. that would mean I have a sunroof leak also? I'm going to put some napkins up there to see how soaked they get because I get puddles of water inside.

Also, I discovered moisture from my firewall driver side (music guy decided to push gasket aside instead of going through it with his power wire). I think the firewall can carry it to the passenger side. With relation to this.....how important is the "windshield cowl corners". Passenger side is missing to I'm sure a lot of rain goes into the fire wall.....Don't know the water travel path past that but I know my computer is close by and my mechanic said the CPU negative was corroded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.