Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
How can I get something in there to clean it out from the pillars ? Is it a air blower or something?
I had same Problem. Mine was the Sunroof drains were clolged. Don't shove anything hard into the drain plugs of the Sunroof, as you may disconnect the hose drain that is attached to the Sunroof, then you will have a bigger leak and have to take off the sun visor and those handles above the driver's side and passenger side so you can reattach the sun roof drain hose. So do not use force when using a hangar, You can use something softer and flexible like the oil dip stick.

Open the Sunroof top. Stand up facing the front of your vehicle. To the left and right of the Sunroof channel, they are two tiny holes. If you don't see the holes, they are most likely blocked, try celaing out the corners of the Sunroof track with some wet bounty's, then find the holes with fingers or something like a pencil. After You shove a flexible object down the holes, pour some water and vinegar down the drains. If it's unclogging the water and vinegar will channel down to the bottom of the car where the fender and door meet under the car. Do this every year, wether you think you need it or not, trust me, you will save yourself a headache of a soaked, stinky, smelly mildew FX :eek:/

You just reminded me. I have to clean out my sunroof drains ?

Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok what holes ? By looking at the sunroof when I open it and looking inside that connect to the pillars ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update it is fixed. I had my shop do the air compressor on the sunroof drains. Must’ve been clocked towards the bottom area somehow

21 - 23 of 23 Posts