Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was my car this weekend and after finish waxing the I notice I've gotten water into the both the fog light. It' not that much but I turned on the fog and all it did was actully fogged up the inside of the fog light. How do I removes this moisture? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I tried several things and all failed.When I went to HID fogs,I knew I had to find a solution(they cost a lot).After a bunch conversations with my tech,done of which solved the problem(check search,you are not alone).We went to Plan B,If water will come n,how do we get it out...2 drain holes in the back,one lower and one on top all is well!

Short term,compressed air and blow it out and then proceed

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They replaced my fog light. They did not know how water was getting in. The SA told me that it should be water tight. Check with your SA see if they will replace it under warranty, if not go to a different dealership.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sorry for the delayed reply. i've had the same problem as of recently, so i scheduled for it to be service at the dealership. the SA told me that this car has been an accident ( which i was unaware until about an hour ago). The accident was to have caused the moisture to buid up in the fog lights, actually its not just moisture, there's probably a 1/2" of water in the driver side fog light. Which means a nut and bolt is becoming oxidized and giving a bright amber color to the ds fl. this is the first time my vehicle has been to the dealership since i've owned it, which in turn could mean that this SA is tryin to pull the wool over my eyes. if there have been a few ppl experiencing this problem on this forum, and i'm also guessing none of your vehicles have been an accident, i'm conclude this is a manufacturer defect.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
phantomfx said:
I'm also guessing none of your vehicles have been an accident, I'll conclude this is a manufacturer defect.
The only thing the front of my FX has ever hit was air, and yeah, I've got water in my passenger-side fog too. Since nobody else seems to have this problem on other cars (in these kinds of non-random numbers- this from a totally unscientific check, mind you) I'll go with "manufacturer defect", too.

TO Infiniti wouldn't replace mine under warranty, but we can get everybody to speak up maybe we can convince dealers to pay up with these posts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
NE1 ELSE W/ WATER IN FOG LIGHTS

thanks for the quick reply kcrudup. we all need to bring this issue to light. first, i would need to figure out how many others out there are xperiencing the same prblm. then we'll voice this 2 manufactures. my SA @ infiniti seems to be hesistant to cover the costs(2 x $200), later he suggested " would ya like to goahead and do that?" WTF! it seems that this dealership hasn't been meeting there #'s here in columbus. if they were to have the SA would've been more than happy 2 replce the water lights....i mean....... fog lights.

·
Registered
748 Posts
NJ_Jackals said:
Anyone find an easy solution to this yet? I noticed condensation in my passenger side fog today. WTF can I do to get it out.

-NJJ
Guys-

Have you checked the seal on the bulb? I replaced my bulbs with PIAA 7500K and the water problem is now gone. I haven't had the issue since then. Might be worth reseating the bulb or changing them (or asking the dealer to do so if they are still stock).

-NJJ

·
Registered
832 Posts
NJ_Jackals said:
[quote="NJ_Jackals":1m0beoh5]Anyone find an easy solution to this yet? I noticed condensation in my passenger side fog today. WTF can I do to get it out.

-NJJ
Guys-

Have you checked the seal on the bulb? I replaced my bulbs with PIAA 7500K and the water problem is now gone. I haven't had the issue since then. -NJJ[/quote:1m0beoh5]

Ditto here!

I've changed mine to PIAA SuperPlasma GT-X bulbs and they are a much tighter seal than stock or any other aftermarket brands that I have tried...Nokya, Sylvania & another brand which I have no clue .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
So, y'all are saying the water comes in from the back?

Oh ....

I guess it's time for those yellow fogs, then!

·
Registered
52 Posts
FX Forum Valid Document?

Since i've last posted my SA's declined to replace the OEM foglights. I then mentioned to him that it was't just my vehicle that it was happening to there were others also in an FX forum. The SA asked me to bring in a copy of the "water in foglight" issue. Once i did he then escalated it to his service manager. this morning, I received a phone call from the SA saying that my foglights are on their way. so thanks to this forum action was taken and then resolved. hopefully this will also be brought to the attention @ infiniti HQ. mad props to those who contributed!

-phantomfx

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Jsut did mine today too. Pulled the tire and inside housing to pull the fog out the front. Compressed air to dry after a white vinegar was to not spot.

I then doubled up on my O Rings on the bulb itself to see if it works. In Houston, it has been raining a bunch so I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Any updates on this crap?

The dealer washed my car two weeks ago and filled up BOTH lenses this time, not just one.

I drained them, washed my car this weekend, guess what? Filled up again.

2 O rings on them. That is not the issue. Definately something else going on here.

I have an appointment this Tuesday for other service work, but will bring it up to my SA. I have not mentioned to him yet, but he is pretty good, so I hope he will replace them or something.

One of them has a RUSTED screw head in it now, so not only is it water IN the housing, it is rusty water, and an eyesore. Not just condesation. A **** goldfish could swim around in the thing. :evil:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Geaux, how do you remove the fog light housing? i replaced the piece of crap nokya's that started the moisture problem for me in the beginning with the factory bulbs. I need to clean out the housing now.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
remychopp said:
... how do you remove the fog light housing?
You have to raise one corner at a time, remove the wheel and front fender well lining and then you can see the back of the housing. There is a small 10mm bolt on top of the housing that you have to remove, then you can pop it out the front. Problem is, there's very little clearance between that bolt and the metal bumper, so you have to use a small box end wrench and some patience. On the passenger side, you have to move the washer fluid reservior out of the way; think it's held by three bolts...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
remychopp said:
... how do you remove the fog light housing?
You have to raise one corner at a time, remove the wheel and front fender well lining and then you can see the back of the housing. There is a small 10mm bolt on top of the housing that you have to remove, then you can pop it out the front. Problem is, there's very little clearance between that bolt and the metal bumper, so you have to use a small box end wrench and some patience. On the passenger side, you have to move the washer fluid reservior out of the way; think it's held by three bolts...
Yeah, what he said.

It really is not hard, just time consuming. You will need an end wrench or something small to get to the one bolt directly on top of the housing.

Just got back from the dealer. They are ordering two replacement housings for me, so I will immediately get new bulbs, just in case. I think I got the cheapos too, so away they go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
thanks for the instructions, looks like way more work than I am willing to do. I wish I had time to take the car to the dealer, really busy with work and the f#$#ers wont give me a weekend appointment because it's not an urgent issue. I swapped out the POS Nokyas last weekend, so hopefully I wont be getting anymore moisture in the housing. When I get around to it, I'll have the dealer change them out.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
remychopp said:
thanks for the instructions, looks like way more work than I am willing to do. I wish I had time to take the car to the dealer, really busy with work and the f#$#ers wont give me a weekend appointment because it's not an urgent issue. I swapped out the POS Nokyas last weekend, so hopefully I wont be getting anymore moisture in the housing. When I get around to it, I'll have the dealer change them out.
keep us posted on the moisture issue. I will be interested in hearing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tried the double o-ring thing, but still had to suck the water out of one of mine and blow compressed air thru it about 4 or 5 different times before I came across the post that talked about some of the after market bulbs having two piece shells that leaked. Looked at my plasmaglow bulbs and sure enough, they were two piece. Replaced them with silverstars and I haven't had a problem since. I'm convinced it's the bulbs.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Well I just had my fog light housing replaced 3 times and dealer said it will be the last time if I keep using the aftermarket bulbs which in their estimation does not seat properly (it seems that the most of the aftermarket bulbs when installed do not form a perfect seal with the housing) when installed and this causes the condensation.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.