Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a used 2004 FX45 the current owner has the elite extended warranty that is 7 years 100,000 miles that he'll transfer over to me for $700. Does this sound correct? Is this a fee that the warranty company charges? Still getting details together on the warranty but anyone with experience with this.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
npc2396 said:
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a used 2004 FX45 the current owner has the elite extended warranty that is 7 years 100,000 miles that he'll transfer over to me for $700. Does this sound correct? Is this a fee that the warranty company charges? Still getting details together on the warranty but anyone with experience with this.
this is charged to him when he bought the car. most likely he has included it in his payments for the car. i believe that this comes with the car no matter what (i.e.. even if he gave you the car for free, it still has the exteneded warranty)...basically, you dont NEED to pay him extra for it but he is trying to get some money back from you ;)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well, unfortunately im not an expert on this subject, but i believe that once it has been purchased from the dealer, its a done deal and he "bought it". bottom line that i think that cost is rolled into the payments and essentially part of the cost of the car now.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Some underwriters will - in the end - refund you a % of the purchase price if no claims have been filed in the course of the duration of the coverage. If that's the case with Elite he's gonna hit two birds with one stone. Best thing to do is call Infiniti CA and ask to speak to people who handle extended warranty Q. If they don't issue refunds then he's screwed. And you may walk away with a warranty that dealers charge $2000-plus for at no cost to you.
There's a glitch, though. After taking possession of the vehicle you shouldn't rush to update the ownership info in Infiniti's database. If Infiniti were to find out there's new owner under that VIN, they may drop you from extended coverage like hot potato while keeping his $$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.