Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
As you all know, I have just installed new Ziex ST/Z-01 (265-50-20)about a week ago. Everything is good but 1 thing kinda bother me is the tire's width. It looks a bit skinnier than our stock.
The reason I did not get the 295-45-20" in first place was its addictional weight and affraid it'd slow me down but I'd trade speed for looks now.
I'm planning to purchase a new set of Ziex ST/Z-01 with bigger size: 295-45-20.
If anyone has THIS SIZE with STOCK RIMs, please help me out with your pix and inputs, THANKS.
PS: HELP. This is all I have and using it as for reference. It's a pix BFG KDW.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have the toyo 295/45/20 and i will try to put up some pics for you, they look great, now that i've done this, i know this should be everyones first mod, no questions asked, the car looks 100% diff, it's the first thing people look at now when they see the car. 8)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Keep in mind that the stock rim is only 8" wide (too narrow & would introduce unwanted sidewall flex IMO). Check with the tire mfr to see if 8" falls within its suggested range.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It fits :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The concern is not whether or not it would fit...

·
Registered
411 Posts
ujmot said:
The concern is not whether or not it would fit...
Exactly. Going wider than stock 265 may actually hurt performance due to the narrow 8" wheel. And per another thread, the tire wasn't any wider than a 265 for the same reason.

But so long as you're happy with the results, that's all that matters.

Matthew

·
Registered
206 Posts
here is more!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
For some reason i cant post anymore pics. :cry:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok i give up

·
Registered
365 Posts
I agree with the previous comments. 295 is too wide for an 8" rim. I'm surprised your tire salesperson recommended it.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have 265/45/20 on 20x9,and wanted as wide but shorter,would not consider more than 275 on 9's

·
Registered
411 Posts
brnjug said:
I have 265/45/20 on 20x9,and wanted as wide but shorter,would not consider more than 275 on 9's
Especially as you go to a smaller diameter - the shorter the tire, the more important matching the wheel width to tire width becomes.

Matthew

·
Registered
206 Posts
The 295/45/20 is the same exact height as our OEM tires, toyo recommended this size tire for the car. Look how nice it made my car look, DO IT!!! :shock:

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
yek kosa khoshkel said:
The 295/45/20 is the same exact height as our OEM tires, toyo recommended this size tire for the car. Look how nice it made my car look, DO IT!!! :shock:
WRONG. Toyo gives the wheel width range for that tire as 9.5" to 11.0". Given that the OEM wheels are 8", you do the math. But just don't tell us that a 295/45-20 is "toyo recommended" for an 8" wheel.

My comments about decreased tire diameter were directed towards brnjug, and any other that choose to put a smaller diameter tire on the FX. Generally, as tire diameter decreases, the recommended rim width goes up. Shorter sidewalls yield less margin for error on wheel width.

So long as you're happy with the new tires, ultimately, that is what is important. But your performance has likely suffered, and given that your wheel is 1.5" narrower than the minimum recommended width by the manufacturer, I'd take it easy on them. It sure would suck to blow out a bead at high speeds.

Matthew

·
Registered
206 Posts
matt i just called toyo, talked to the head tire tech and he said it would not be a safety issue, the most that can happen is that you will wear out your tires faster because you don't have a good foot print on the ground because the rim is smaller then it should be and is pulling the tire in, anyway thanks for the post, it really got me scared, i do alot of hwy driving and 100 to 110 mph is an everyday thing for me, the last thing i need is a blowout. :shock:

·
Registered
277 Posts
You dont put 295's on the stock rims , you buy after market wheels - the toyo guy is telling you the max size tire that could fit under the wheel well on the FX (295) That doesnt mean throw 295's on 20x8 wheels.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.