Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been very itchy to replace the oem hid with aftermarket bulbs so that they will look more colorful. I'm Trying to decide if I should get the the Phillips Ultinon 6000k, Xetronic 6000k, or 8000k. The Phillips are about $280 for the pair, and Xetronic are $210-220. What color temp do you think I shoud get to achieve the color of the 04TL, and Maxima hid. Does the aftermarket bulbs make our FX hid look generic. If you have any pic with the 6000k, and the 8000k please post them. Thanks everyone.

PS. I was also told that bending the shield in the porjector that will give the hid more color at the cut off line, which will make the light coming out of the projector more colorful with out replacing the oem bulb.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Lots of posts/pics here; look around.

I've heard the same about the reflector sheild. If you've got the nads to tear into your headlights and try it, be sure to share your experience!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quis said:
PS. I was also told that bending the shield in the porjector that will give the hid more color at the cut off line, which will make the light coming out of the projector more colorful with out replacing the oem bulb.
Quis, I'd hesitate to modify the existing housing in order to create a different projector color. Besides, I can't see how you can break into the sealed housing without a lot of time, effort, damage and additional problems in removing the bumper and other obstacles just to get into the housing. It could easily cost you more money (than upgrading the HID bulbs), frustration and downtime attempting this. You would most likely obtain an adverse affect on the HID light pattern and some sort of "result" which you did not anticipate or want (high-beams effects, non-uniform light dispersion, multi-color hues?).

Do it right with the "upgraded" HID bulb and as MustGoFastR stated, there is plenty of information and pictures using the power of "search" here.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you're in northern VA 10k's. I love 'em. PM me if you're interested.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts