Registered
361 Posts
Engine: 6 liter W12

Aspiration: natural

Torque: 443 lb-ft

HP: 450 hp

HP/Liter: 75 hp per liter

0-62 mph: 5.9 seconds

Top Speed: 155 mph (electronically limited)

·
Registered
779 Posts
5.9, 6.3, even 7 seconds...
A single second 0-60 is nothing these days. It all comes down to good versus bad driver. Unless you plan to take a car to the race track, 1 second 0-60 will not mean anything to "every-day-driver"... Besides, do you really race every time you stop at the stop light?

·
Registered
325 Posts
But I read before that this VW wont come to North America.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
particlefx said:
One other statistic... Price: ???

I'm guessing at least $90K USD.
Heck, the V10 diesel "starts" at almost $70K USD.

I believe it's over $100K in Europe. So you can add an easy 10-plus % to that were it to come here. Which I don't suppose it will. They're having hellish time as is trying to move the Phaetons. So far the uber-Touareg can be ordered in France and Germany.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd rather have the turbo diesel. But this car is crap. The V-6 version is a similar car to the FX35 AWD, but weights like 900 lbs. more. The W-12 is probably pushing 6000 pounds.

·
Registered
549 Posts
krzys4 said:
5.9, 6.3, even 7 seconds...
A single second 0-60 is nothing these days. It all comes down to good versus bad driver. Unless you plan to take a car to the race track, 1 second 0-60 will not mean anything to "every-day-driver"... Besides, do you really race every time you stop at the stop light?
Actually, it's a useful and significant measurement for the average driver on the streets. This is an automatic and with all of the electronic angels of tractions/stability/suspension technology, times in the 6 sec range are easy to replicate by the average guy/gal, especially with AWD. Plus, passing power/tq and response of a W12 (2 x VR6s) throughout the RPM band should be excellent. Remember running the 50yd dash? Every 0.1 sec means something. It's even more dramatic when it involves vehicles going to 60mph and beyond or accelerating to 60MPH from 30MPH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts