Infiniti FX Forum banner

VQ on the G........ the quickening has begun......

9K views 58 replies 12 participants last post by  particlefx 
#1 ·
folks.......'im bursting here!!

had to share what i have (which aint much, YET)

heres what arrived on friday........ (80lb box!)

i have tons of stuff that came with it, but its all under lock and key at my dealership now..... (put a deposit on it, and they ordered it..)

i will have the crawford v5 plenum nextr week, and the fujitsubo legalis-R exhaust (and Y-pipe) at the month's end....

i cannot wait to get this going!!

-eS

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yo Es. Can I borrow that for say.... 3 months? That should give me enough time to fit it in my FX and tune it! :p

LOL

Keep us well informed of the install! Are you gonna polish that thing? I always say to myself polished isn't worth it but man when you see polished superchargers its so nice! :p

#5 ·
*Drooooooooooool*

#7 ·
Nice!! When are they going to be installed?

#8 ·
esemes said:
sweet's crawford.........

((wish'd i got it in natural finish, however....))

:cry: :D

-eS
Hey, I'll be happy to trade you my grey powdercoat plenum (older version) and a bit of cash for your black one! :D

#9 ·
MustGoFastR said:
esemes said:
sweet's crawford.........

((wish'd i got it in natural finish, however....))

:cry: :D

-eS
Hey, I'll be happy to trade you my grey powdercoat plenum (older version) and a bit of cash for your black one! :D
im installing now..............

sorry

-sms

ps- have zippy good news for ya, however.... (there's a catch though..)

#10 ·
esemes said:
ps- have zippy good news for ya, however.... (there's a catch though..)
Isn't there always :roll: .... PM me.

#11 ·
INSTALLED::::

as an afterthought, i prefer it in black.... actually, i woul;dnt want it in any othr color.....

i am gonna modify a fx35 (or g35 s) cover to fit , and will have to hack about ½ of it completely off to do so....

i dont think ima use my oem silver/black cover, as it would look a bit out of place w/ the black plenum...

IMPRESSIONS (quick)::::

definate idle sound difference.... def. acceleration feel difference.... when you let off the gas, the speed doesnt 'suck' back down (with exhaust note as well) anymore... it seems to open up BIGTOME at 3300rpm, BUT, my motor only has 706 miles on it........

that reminds me...... mu motor feels REALLY tight still.... when i drive a loaner sedan, the motor seems to revv up 'free-er' or morve roundedly than mine... im feeling that mine is more linear instead..... i am guessing its still under break-in...

thoughts and comments please.............

Attachments

#13 ·
Looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have help you out. :D

#14 ·
update:::

i am scheduled to have the blower install comence on wednesday, may 19, 2004 at 8:30am......

right now, im scrambling to get all the parts together, that i think i'll need . this weekend i ordered the nismo LT thermo & samco hosekit.....

i am in DESPERATE need of a dual gauge pod (or gauge cups??) and requisite fitments to make em work..... i have decided (for now) to go with boost pressure (lbs) and fuels pressure(lbs) as i have yet to be persuaded that the EGT or Wideband guage is better for the FI VQ setup.........

also, i need toget a set of plugs, ONE step (dgeree?) cooler than oem..... i have the oem p/n, (ngk-r plfr5a-11) but am not sure if i wanna get a plat. or irridium tippd plug.....

either way, i need this done asap......

any help, as usual, is welcomed..

sms

ps- wish'd i still had the Z-tube for the moment, as the crawford really echoes the intake sound nicely...... (ntm, changes the exhaust decel sound considerably......)

#15 ·
update::

5/19

car went into the shop (aka the dealership) today, an we had a meeting for about 30 mins....

discussed many aspects of the install, including the additioanl upgrades i have planned to install along with the blower...

to summarize::

-vortech v-2 in satin finish (FMIC w/ filtered BOV), split second ecu
-nismo LT thermo
-samco hi-press coolant hoses
-engine ice
-autometer 'phantom' series gauges
-mech boost, mech fuel press, elec. a/f ratio
-temporary APC universal "a" pillar gauge pod (waiting on lotek deal)
-crawford hi-flow cats w/ 3rd o² bung inline
-fujitsubo exhaust & dualie Y pipe
-NGK-r plugs (plfr6a-11) 1 step cooler, to be gapped at 0.030

and thas about it, for now

:^)

-eS

ps- the crawford cats are backordered by about two weeks, so i am on 'the list' again...... i plan to get his headers also, but wanna run in the setup without them first (measurable gains for sure, i hope)

-back to my loaner car..... (perk of having the infiniti dealer do the work)

#16 ·
esemes said:
ps- the crawford cats are backordered by about two weeks, so i am on 'the list' again...... i plan to get his headers also, but wanna run in the setup without them first (measurable gains for sure, i hope)
I have received my CATs already. They are extremely high quality. the flanges are perfectly flat and everything is very clean and professional looking.

They are going on Saturday, I'll post pictures!

#17 ·
dinofx35 said:
esemes said:
I have received my CATs already. They are extremely high quality. the flanges are perfectly flat and everything is very clean and professional looking.

They are going on Saturday, I'll post pictures!
can you also listen for the 2500-3000 'rasp' associated with the rt cats 9and straight pipes)
\
doug assured me these did not have the rasp (some say they do till warmed up however)

#18 ·
dino- what other mods do you have? I was considering the cats, but didn't really want to mess with the rest of the exhaust. If your exhaust is stock, I'm very interested in hearing what you think of the cats by themselves.

#19 ·
MustGoFastR said:
dino- what other mods do you have? I was considering the cats, but didn't really want to mess with the rest of the exhaust. If your exhaust is stock, I'm very interested in hearing what you think of the cats by themselves.

SINCE my fujitsubo is being ddelayed so much :cry: , i might have an answer for ya on that...

#20 ·
MustGoFastR said:
I'm installing the NISMO exhaust at the same time. Supposedly, the craford cats are not too loud. I will use my video camera to sample audio before and after. Are you concerned about sound, or just performance benefits from a CAT-only mod?

#21 ·
dinofx35 said:
MustGoFastR said:
I'm installing the NISMO exhaust at the same time. Supposedly, the craford cats are not too loud. I will use my video camera to sample audio before and after. Are you concerned about sound, or just performance benefits from a CAT-only mod?
Both. Did you figure out what you're going to do to get the exhaust to mate up to your stock Y-pipe (or are you replacing that as well?)?

Esemes, aren't you installing the blower right now? I don't think a cat eval. would do me much good from your end unless you're going to be driving with them before the blower is installed.

#22 ·
I thought the NISMO came with a Y pipe (?)

#23 ·
Oops, sorry; it does. I thought he was the one that bought the Nismo mid-pipe ans muffler sections from IssaFX, but that was Ak1nza. I didn't realize anyone else here was getting the Nismo exhaust installed ('till now).

#24 ·
Ah ok. :)

Dinofx - when are you getting them installed? I'm considering that same exact set up.

#26 ·
I was referring to dino.

BTW, what does the dual channel Y-pipe do for you? Seems like it would only serve to decrease the exhaust diameter in the straight stretch of the Y-pipe before dumping it all into the mid-pipe. Is the Nismo that way as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.