Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i've just noticed this - put the car in reverse and a fine vibration from the transmission plus a noise more prominent than the idle sound - there is total silence in drive,park and neutral - maybe it's normal ???? please check it on your cars,too. thx.
this happens while the car is in reverse and the brake pedal applied, the car is not moving

·
Registered
848 Posts
For the last year and a half, I've applied the brake, put it in reverse, released the brake, and backed out of the garage...never noticed anything like what you're hearing/feeling. Anyone else?

·
Registered
286 Posts
no problem on the 35
just the sweet syrupy roar :wink:
could it be the "too much oil in the engine thingy" that some 45 owners had experienced. :?:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I don't have that problem either. I suppose a high idle could cause some vibration and noise; does the car want to take off when you release the brake but don't press the gas? What if you let it warm up for a minute before putting it in gear? Other than that, I recall some posts about vibration problems when the car has too much oil. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the subtle vibration happens only when the car is under brake in reverse, not moving yet !so, start the car, warm up the engine, put it in reverse but do not release the brake pedal yet ! also the tachometer shows a decrease in rpm !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts