Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been working on this bodykit for 6 months, front end will be finished in two weeks, want to know what should we edit or add, from your opinion, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I'm going to be critical in a constructive way, which I think I should be, here are my thoughts.

1. the bottom edge of the front bumper lip should extend outwards further as a true splitter would.
2. are there LED running lights or fog lights integrated into the front bumper?
3. there should be active air scoops near or behind the OEM fog light position to increase aero dynamics and also for brake cooling
4. the rear bumper piece has too many lines / seams. It really should flow more and have a smoother transition to the OEM bumper cover. It pops out too much which makes it look like an after-thought as opposed to something that flows with the body.

I hope you understand, if not please ask for clarification.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for feedback, appreciate it.
1. We made an example where it was extended outwards, looked like a snowplow, really.
2. Currently in process of finding the right example to fit the front bumper with (leds), no fog light hole, but can be made after.
3. There is an active air scoop for brake cooling, all parts have passed the air tunnel test on Antonov Aircrafts plant, and was designed by aircraft engineer (I'm a pilot btw).
4. The rear bumper looks awesome when you see it in real life, maybe the pic is made so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks for your reply.

For rear bumper: I would prefer to see a whole 1 piece new bumper cover with the part you are adding on molded together with smooth transition on upper edge. Also looks strange on the lower sides behind mud flap area. Looks like something is missing in my opinion.

For front bumper: the middle section below license plate doesn't look right. I think would look MUCH better if upper level follow all the way through from side to side with the rectangle box interruption in the middle. This would give a much nicer flowing line to follow the very bottom lip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are some pics of the front and rear. The front on Vettel's looks good because it has no plates, it wont be the same in Ontario because we HAVE to mount a front plate, could be the side perhaps but that'll probably block the parking sensor.

The rear doesnt look like it has mud flaps at all.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts