Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.firstclassshine.com/11055a.htm

Use a very low density sponge to transfer an even layer to the tire then wipe down the wheel. When all four wheels are done, go back and polish the dressing off the wheels with a dry rag.
It couldn't be easier and the wheels look as good as they can.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
#[email protected]%!!! $12.95??? Does it fling? How long does it last? Meguiar's Tire Gel I have found to be the best - - primo! Inexpensive, durability, excellent shie, doesn't fling! You may want to try it...

But, thanks for the info!!! :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PullingMaxGs said:
Meguiar's Tire Gel I have found to be the best - - primo! Inexpensive, durability, excellent shie, doesn't fling! You may want to try it...
I use the same stuff. It DOES fling a little bit, but wipes off easily after the first drive and lasts a long time. Application takes a while, but it's worth it and you can do it without getting it all over your rims. I absolutely HATE having to clean any kind of tire crap off my chromies; it takes FOREVER and always leaves some smudges behind. :x

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe... you guys and you 10 bucks. I scrub my tires each washing with Westlys white wall cleaner which removes EVERYTHING, so it only lasts one washing for me. This product dries also so it doesn't fling, especially if applied properly with a sponge.
As for other products, I don't like the extra shiny results. I like the natural satin finish of this product over all others.
However, I'm talkin mostly about the wheel shine here. I find this product to polish off with a dry rag leaving no water spots and a very shiny finish. The best part is the time convenience. It takes only as much time as wiping the wheel down. No hard rubbing.
Compaired to waxing... it's a no brainer and gives the same results. The only downside is it doesnt last through rain and washes. It is a vinyl dressing after all.
As far as chrome goes, I have used it on the grill with EXCELLENT results. So, it may not be a problem on chrome wheels. Like I said.. this product dries unlike other tire dressings like armourall. AND it has to be polished off which is *way* easy leaving a slick and shiny surface.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts