Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I found myself on the receiving end of someone else's road rage. There were some traffic issues in Los Angeles yesterday (go figure). Two major ways of getting from point A to point B were closed. For those familiar with the area, Sepulveda from West LA to the Valley had a four-car pileup and Coldwater Canyon was closed due to a fallen tree. Everyone was funnelling into the Valley through Beverly Glen, which caused somewhat of a bottleneck, but not too bad all things considered. I had gotten to the bottom of the hill just before Ventura Blvd. I was on the phone, but I was maintaining a safe distance from the car in front of me, which was a brand new Toyota sedan that had a right turn signal flashing. All of a sudden the driver passes the street she was about to turn onto and slams on her brakes in the middle of the intersection. She starts screaming and I realize it's directed at me. She claims she missed her turn because I was on the phone. Just a reminder that she was in front of me. I screamed back, asking why she didn't just turn, and again she said that it was my fault because I was on the phone and that I knew it. I screamed back that I don't know ****. She pulls up to the next light (at Ventura) and continues to scream at me through her window. Mind you there is a gap wide enough for a Hummer to get through to make that turn and she is still sitting there spewing her hate, going on and on about how I made her miss her turn. I never actually saw her face, I just saw a mass of blonde hair shaking as she continued to scream at me. After she called me a c*cksucker I asked her how she figured that out :twisted: (for those who don't know... yes I am gay). When the light turned green and she finally made the turn she could have made while the light was still red I held my hands up off the steering wheel and didn't lift my foot off the brake until she was safely on her angry little way.

The punchline is it was my birthday. I'd had my license for 21 years to the day, and I have never had an accident, either with the phone or without. I'm still perplexed as to how someone behind her can prevent her from making a turn. There were no stop signs, nobody was turning in front of her, she had the road to herself except for me behind her. I'm just glad I was able to maintain my sense of humor and not lose my temper as well. That could have gotten really ugly. As much as I wanted to get out of my car and have a face to face discussion with her, it probably would have made matters worst and it was much more amusing to see her hair shaking as she screamed. Happy birthday to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
She was probably upset that you were on the phone, but not calling HER! There she was, intently waiting for her phone to ring, which it never did, so she missed her turn andit is all your fault. :wink:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
lets see.....she was too busy not paying attention to what is infront of her becuase she is watching you in the cell phone behind her. she doenst like people who talk on cell phones while driving becusae its so dangerous that they can kill someone. unlike not looking in front of you ,which is quite safe. :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dumb bitch! BTW....Happy B-Day.

And you should of told her, "And how did you know I was gay?" That will put her in an awkward position :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sincity said:
Dumb bitch! BTW....Happy B-Day.

And you should of told her, "And how did you know I was gay?" That will put her in an awkward position :D
Actually, what ocurred to me afterwards was that I should have said "you should give it a try sometime... it's fun"

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Happy Birthday! Now go Bluetooth and avoid the confrontation. :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
pjo1966 said:
Actually, what ocurred to me afterwards was that I should have said "you should give it a try sometime... it's fun"
:lol:

:eek:ccasion6: :eek:ccasion4:

·
Registered
185 Posts
there seems to be a lot of "nice" people around here

:lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
hmmm. ...... why would anyone care what the driver is doing in back of you? :roll: I wonder if she would get pissed at CHiPs if they were following her......don't you wish you could be a cop for a day sometimes?

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday

AT least you not the only one with somthing special happening in your FX on your birthday.

:eek:ccasion4: :eek:ccasion6:

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Note to self: hire a limo on my birthday.
I was just thinking that.

and

Happy Birthday dear Pjo1966
Happy Birthday to you.

:wav:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Thats what I did, drove to the party and had my family driver take the car home.

Jim

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wow! :roll: Coulda tried: It's women like you that make me happy I'm gay :shock: Happy B-day! 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pjo1966 said:
She claims she missed her turn because I was on the phone. Just a reminder that she was in front of me.
Er, maybe she was behind you before, and got in front of you to make her point known, but as (yet) an (-other oblivious) Angeleno on the phone, you didn't see her come around you?!

I talk 2,500 mins/mo on my cell (it's my primary phone), but the first City Councilman to ban phone use in cars altogether in this city gets my vote. (It'll never happen, though, and "Hang up and drive" stickers are worthless as only traffic behind you sees 'em)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I thought there was a law in CA or maybe just the Bay Area that while driving your only suppose to use speaker phone or ear phone.

I may be wrong because I still talk on the phone while I drive where ever I go.

Jim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts