Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know and I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had personalized plates before, but I started thinking it might be fun for my FX.

But then I started thinking that maybe a Liquid Copper FX makes enough of a statement on its own, and vanity plates might be a skosh over the top. I'm a middle-aged single woman who doesn't want unsolicited attention from men--am I asking to be ogled and unduly pestered if I add a vanity plate to the already unique looks of my car? Am I asking to get keyed in a parking lot by some malcontent who resents a flashy vehicle and (presumably) vain owner?

The plate wouldn't say anything provocative or sexy. Maybe just a play on words using "FX" somehow.

Show of hands... What do you guys think?

D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
If the plate fits, wear it!

I don't know about the Minneapolis area, but here in CA (where it seems just about everyone has a vanity plate) you probably wouldn't be pestered with almost anything you picked. If you like something then who cares what others think (but buy some mace just in case).

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Just in case you didn't know what the vanity plate on my liquid copper is....

<-------

My wife and I really don't get bothered. Most people read it and give a little chuckle and a thumbs up. Or they ask "are you a big fan of Charlie Brown or is that in reference to the color?". :?

·
Registered
320 Posts
We applied for vanity plates...the FX is stand out vehicle, we thought it should require a stand out plate. BTW, this is the first vanity plate I've ever had...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm curious .. what do people pay for vanity plates (over and above what it costs for regular..)

In Wisconsin, it's a measly $15/year for cool plates. That's like a magazine subscription. Why everyone doesn't get 'em is really beyond me.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
It was $43 to get them and then $25 extra per year in NY. Why they charge you extra per year, who knows. :?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's spendier here in Minnesota: $100 intial fee (if I recall correctly, it used to be $175 before Jesse Ventura restructured the license fees a few years ago), then $7 every year on top of your usual registration charge.

In Wisconsin, it's a measly $15/year for cool plates. That's like a magazine subscription. Why everyone doesn't get 'em is really beyond me.
Wow, that's really cheap! Wisconsin's license fees are generally cheaper overall. It's almost enough to make me want to move to Hudson. :D

D

·
Registered
848 Posts
2YY4U said:
I still have mine which is "2YY4U" from Florida and I paid $25.00 extra in 1999.
Am I the only one who doesn't get the "YY" part? :?:

G

·
0 Posts
Yes and No. You are the first one on this forum to ask, but, nobody ever got it at first try....

I even had people stoping me on I95 to ask about :D

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
In Pa it is a one time fee of $25.I used to own CDJ,CDJ1,CDJ2...too many cars

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mine's simple :D

Says it all.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Devon said:
but I started thinking it might be fun for my FX. But then I started thinking that maybe a Liquid Copper FX makes enough of a statement on its own, and vanity plates might be a skosh over the top.
Anybody who puts attention-calling vanity plates on a car that conspicuous is just vain! :)

I'm a middle-aged single woman who doesn't want unsolicited attention from men--am I asking to be ogled and unduly pestered if I add a vanity plate to the already unique looks of my car?
Nah, don't sweat it- I've never had unsolicited attention from men in my LC '45. (Actually, that's not entirely true- I get complements all the time!)

Am I asking to get keyed in a parking lot by some malcontent who resents a flashy vehicle and (presumably) vain owner?
Where do you live? If it's West Bumfsck, where there's no nice cars, you'd have a problem with an FX even in boring-ass Ivory Pearl or Diamond Graphite (just kiddin if ya got those colors). Here in SoCal, unless your car cost $500K plus, nobody really notices enough to hate on ya.

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
... even in boring-ass Ivory Pearl...
:shock: :-x DOH! :evil: ...**** pumpkin lovers! :D Next, you'll be tellin' me you like Bose! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Next, you'll be tellin' me you like Bose! :lol:
Umm, I actually think the Bose sounds good in my Pumpkin. :wink:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
johnmax said:
Umm, I actually think the Bose sounds good in my Pumpkin. :wink:
Heh. What He Said!