1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
527 Posts
Love the infiniti logo but like you said FX-1004 the other looks to have a better key and is obviously cheaper (cost.)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My understanding is the valve cap acts like an antenna for the tire pressure sensors.

So, how will replacing them with these spinners affect the tire pressure sensors?

·
Registered
527 Posts
93til said:
My understanding is the valve cap acts like an antenna for the tire pressure sensors.

So, how will replacing them with these spinners affect the tire pressure sensors?
I doubt this is a true statement as I've had all of mine replaced already. This was done by Grubbs immediately upon filling of nitro. I have had no issues with the pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Unless the spinners are as adequate as the stock tips in terms of radio transmission.

When I have the time, I'm going to borrow some plain old rubber valve stems and see if that does anything to the sensors.

h00kemh0rns said:
93til said:

I doubt this is a true statement as I've had all of mine replaced already. This was done by Grubbs immediately upon filling of nitro. I have had no issues with the pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, after my valve caps were stolen, my tire pressure monitor still worked fine, so valve caps are not a critical part :)

Funny thing happened after this - I bought a set of new caps to replace them. When I was taking my car into the dealer for an oil change, I removed them to make sure the tech wouldn't lose them when they were checking the tires... When I got my FX back, it had 4 shiny new valve caps. The bill of service even indicated that the 4 caps were missing and were replaced free of charge :)

So now i have an extra set for when the others get stolen...

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ones on e-bay ,I had been told were no longer in production,but their retail is $40.00
Valve caps have nothing to do with pressure sensors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.