Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
How would using our stock OEM couplers effect the price since we wouldn't need hump hoses? G35 CF Tube $157.50 Includes Installation Hardware. Will you be posting pic's of the setup on a FX35?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im gonna be installing that with a new type of intake...Ill take pics when I do install it, its gonna be raining here for the whole day so either today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dear Members,

Basically this setup up will include just the Carbon Fiber Intake Tube itself, since it will utilize the OEM Stock couplers, no extra hardwares will needed for the FX, they apply only to the 350Z's.

Unlimited Tuning

EMail: [email protected]
AIM: UnlimitedTuning
Tel: 347.993.3469

·
Registered
282 Posts
Unlimited Tuning,
how about donating one of these puppies for a prize at our First Annual National FX Meet? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the lower intake plenum is the newly designed lower plenum off the 05 300 hp track 350z. Jason over here dynoed his car with this plenum on today and made nearly 8hp.
It's not a replacement for the upper plenum like the crawfords etc... this is a replacment OEM piece, for the lower portion of the plenum.
there is much more air volume allowed with this new design, and the holes to the runners are actually furthe back, allowing a more direct air path into the chambers.

Basically and OEM plenum upgrade!

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's not DIY install right?
must be harder to install then Crawford plenum? am I correct?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it's not harder than the crawford, just a few more minutes involved since you have to remove the upper plenum to get to this part. Jason had it swapped out in about 30 minutes, and put back together already rolling to the dyno.
So it's not harder really. Just honestly a few more minutes.

If you can do the crawford, you can do this in a sinch

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hmm if i am going to be taking off the upper plenum for my spacer install i might as well grab this new piece as well and do it all at once!, very tempting!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Guys, read the thread about the lower plenum carefully before you buy one. With the lower plenum in place, the test car lost 10-15HP and TQ all the way through the powerband except the last 800 or so RPM, and shifted the new peak power up some 500+ RPMs. Check out the stated specs for the 300HP Zs - even Nissan shows the loss of torque in the spec sheet.

IMHO, while this might be a worthwhile mod for a lightweight sportscar that sees a lot of time at the extreme upper ends of the tach while on a race track, I don't think this is what we need on a 1000lb heavier vehicle.

On something relatively heavy like our FX, torque and mid-range power are king. And the track lower plenum definitely loses torque and mid-range power.

Just something to consider.

Matthew

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Technically, any time you increase air volume in the way the lower plenum or the upper plenums do, you lose torque somewhere.
that's just science.

but the way the car drives is a lot different. and if you want a faster vehicle, this will help you along the road.

It's a good mod. no matter what plenum you go with you will lose power and torque someplace, and make it up in other places in the powerband.

Jason did not lose that much hp in the low and mid-range either, only a few HP loss, made up by a peak increase of nearly 8hp.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Will the UTR work with the Stillan CAI?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
chen11376 said:
Will the UTR work with the Stillan CAI?
same question

Jim

·
Registered
443 Posts
what is the little red air filter beside the tube?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
liug said:
what is the little red air filter beside the tube?
Looks like a small filter fitted to the end of the breather tube that ordinarily attaches to a fitting on the intake tube. So does this tube not have that fitting?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.