Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the maintenance reminder of 3750 miles for an oil change apply to dino oil only? Just switched to Mobil 1 so I'm wondering what would be a safe oil change interval. Thanks.

BTW, it couldn't have been easier as a DIY project. The only hassle was removing the under cover. I left the push pins off but reinstalled every bolt on the cover. Didn't even have to jack up the FX!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I switched to mobil1 at 5k miles, changed it again at 10k, then at 15k and sent a sample in for analysis to Blackstone Labs. I planned to change it every 5k miles, but the analysisindicated that I could have easily extended the interval to 6 or 7k miles, if not more.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Yeah, but isnt it the filter that stops performing before the oil does? I read that the oil lasts fine, but the filter can't work well after 5k miles or so. I Change my syn at 5k, and I use one of those Fram Extended life filters.

·
Registered
471 Posts
johnmax said:
Yeah, but isnt it the filter that stops performing before the oil does? I read that the oil lasts fine, but the filter can't work well after 5k miles or so. I Change my syn at 5k, and I use one of those Fram Extended life filters.
Then the crap should still show up in the oil analysis.

Depending upon your location, the minimum interval I would do would be every 5K miles. If the climate is warmer where you live, I'd do it every 7.5K miles or every 6 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.