Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally used Zaino for the first time and prepared the paint with a clay bar. I've only had the FX for 4 monthe now and keep it garaged both at work and home. I was very suprised to see how much grime I removed. The exposure came out a little funky but you get the idea. The bar started out bright yellow.

·
Registered
282 Posts
glad ya did the whole "zaino" system now huh :)

Clayed mine day after I got her home. No way as bad as yours but still got dirt off her.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I just ordered my Zaino last night and some towels from Wayne - looks like I'll be busy next weekend. I'll have to read up on which Z to use first and such. :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was very suprised at the amount of surface contamination. I don't know how long it sat outside at the dealer before I bought it but that may have made a difference. The worst if it was on the lower door panels and hatch lid so I must have accrued most of it.
After all the work I put into the Zaino process I must say I'm very pleased. The paint surface is as smooth and slick as any carnuba wax I've ever used. I just hope it lasts longer. I like to work on my cars quite a bit but hopefully the initial work put into the process will pay off. I dont know if I can handle feeling as old as I feel today every time I wash and wax the FX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.