Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this device? Is $150. I want to have a Bluetooth capability with an auxiliary port as well without changing the whole entire radio. If anyone has a better idea or uses something different please let me know.

Thank you
Byron

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed one last week and it seems to work well. BT quality for phone calls is very good. You have to initiate calls via phone but are able to answer calls with radio buttons as well as listen to music

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed one last week and it seems to work well. BT quality for phone calls is very good. You have to initiate calls via phone but are able to answer calls with radio buttons as well as listen to music
Could you paste a link to the device here? I need this for my fx45 as well. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot. Was it hard to installed?. Is it plug and play like they advertised?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah it really is as simple as they advertise.

It took me about 30 minutes to do. Installed it on a 2005 FX45. It was a bit tricky to yank out the Stereo. I went to an O'Reilly's to get a Trim Removal tool set. Was about $10 and made of plastic. Used them to pry out the dash and disconnected the two cables from the faceplate to the Unit. Plugged everything in on the back end without having to unplug anything. Grounded it using one of the screws behind there. Tucked the wires below the unit. Slid it back in, connected the ribbon cables, slid the face plate back in. The next track button works without any problems.

I'd advise not to hit the change channel button, just because it messes with it. Requires that you switch back over to radio and then hit the SAT button to reconnect to the BT45 module. This happens because when you attempt to change the channel the Sirius XM tries to take over and it gives you an error code. No big deal, just don't hit the button. lol

Easiest mod I've ever seen.

Bought mine from Amazon for the one day shipping. Search B01019UEFK in the Amazon search bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased the device from Amazon and was able to install it yesterday. I was surprised at how simple it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts