Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, as I know there are more than 30 car magazines in the US. What are the most famous, the most informative among them? What about the structure of the US automotive media market? General mags? Devoted to specific models? Performance mags? I'm doing a sort of research on this subject so any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
We like:

+ Car and Driver

+ Motor Trend

+ Sometimes some Import Magizines

·
Registered
29 Posts
The two that SWEET named are the most famous, but I like the weekly mag AUTOWEEK the best by far!!! http://www.autoweek.com. VERY, VERY infromative and unbiased, and they have great tests, classifieds, and some racing coverage as well!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
As for most informative, depends on what you are looking for. For general new car info.: Car & Driver, Road & Track, Motor Trend, Automobile are the big 4. For mods, I'd say Hot Rod Magizine (mostly domestic muscle cars) and Sport Campact Car (imports) are two of the most popular.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I also like the ones where they explain de tail ing, 8) you know, where the girls are buffing the hoods. Must be a new kind of M/F bikini? :shock: ...hey, you asked.

·
Registered
662 Posts
For general car related reading, I prefer Car & Driver, MotorTrend and Road & Track. I'm not a huge mod guy but I saw a magazine devoted to ultimate tuners or NBA/MLB/NFL guys. It had lots of high ticket itmes in it. Don't remember the name though.

For informative mags, I like AutoWeek and Automotive News(more about US auto industry).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts