Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, there is no update...infiniti corporate hasn't respond to me and it is more than a week....the rep i spoke to promised that she will get back to me within a few days but so far no call or email....

Anyhow, i will give them a call tommorrow and see what's going on...if the worst case scenario happens, i will talk to the same attorney for the g35 lawsuit and see if we can get a class action case going for our seats...we need to band together like the g35 guys to get a point across...

LOS ANGELES, Oct 11, 2004; Reuters reported that consumers have filed a proposed nationwide class action suit in Los Angeles against Nissan North America Inc. over a brake defect in the Infiniti G35 they say has undercut the vehicle's resale value.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday, asks that the automaker reimburse owners of G35 sports sedans and coupes made in 2003 and 2004 for the costs of fixing the defect, which causes brake pads and rotors to wear out faster than normal.

A similar lawsuit was filed last month in Florida.

Nissan disclosed the problem in late 2003, and amended its warranty to cover the brake pad and brake rotor replacements for the first three years or 36,000 miles the buyer owns or leases the car, Nissan spokesman Kyle Bazemore said.

The company also reimbursed owners for brake maintenance that had already been performed, Bazemore said.

Bazemore said the company had no comment on the California lawsuit, but described the Florida claim as "unfounded."

The lawsuit claims the brake problem "significantly increased the expected costs of ownership of a G35 well beyond the warranty amendment" and diminished the car's value.

"You're still going to have to replace brakes and rotors more often than you normally would," said plaintiffs lawyer Aashish Desai.

"Who is going to want to buy a (used G35) when they know they have to replace the pads and rotors every year?"

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
How did I know this would happen...

Let's spam them with complaint emails.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Hey Dave,

Any update on this? I've replaced them twice already and am getting the "bubble" back.

Anyone here going to replace the leather in the front two seats with the '05 perforated ones under warranty?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
GeoFX said:
Hey Dave,

Any update on this? I've replaced them twice already and am getting the "bubble" back.

Anyone here going to replace the leather in the front two seats with the '05 perforated ones under warranty?
i would love to get this done. there are really two issues with the seats.
1) bubbling
2) the frame is defective

as far as i can find so far, infiniti is not addressing the frame one just tey, but maybe the perf. is a good fix for the bubbling.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Cant believe Cons Affairs are jerking us around... How about an online petition and spam the corporate heads w/ emails w/ links & pics? :)

Something like....

To: Nissan North America (NNA) Corp. and INFINITI Division of Nissan North America,

The graphite leather in our FX sucks!!! And so does the seat rails! We demand a fix or else consider me another lost repeat customer. :violent1:

Sincerely,
The Undersigned

·
Registered
706 Posts
Anyone know what city Nissan North America is' located in?
Maybe all FX'ers within a 200 mile radius with leather issues should make them a corporate visit! What you all think? Maybe even we can bring the media as a guest!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FXcellent said:
Anyone know what city Nissan North America is' located in?
Maybe all FX'ers within a 200 mile radius with leather issues should make them a corporate visit! What you all think? Maybe even we can bring the media as a guest!
i think it is in Gardena, CA

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think only FXs have been getting this cheap grade leathers. I even had the dealer replace my steering wheel and new one has softer leather.

I talked to the dealer about bubbling issue on replaced seat cover and service manager refused to replace it again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't understand, and my vehicle has not arrived in country yet so I don't know. But is this a huge problem with the leather seats? It seems to be from all the post and debate over this, anyone know how many FX owners are having this problem. Since there are no Infiniti dealers in Germany, I have to pay for all my warranty work first and then hope to get my money back! So any ammo from you guys on stuff that should be covered under warranty when it goes wrong will be much appreciated! Don't want to be paying for stuff and then not get my money back from Infiniti! :(

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, I've seen your covers! I would rather have wrinkly and bubbly seats :shock:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, no cover for me...it's like have sex with a condom.. :lol:

I don't understand, and my vehicle has not arrived in country yet so I don't know. But is this a huge problem with the leather seats? It seems to be from all the post and debate over this, anyone know how many FX owners are having this problem. Since there are no Infiniti dealers in Germany, I have to pay for all my warranty work first and then hope to get my money back! So any ammo from you guys on stuff that should be covered under warranty when it goes wrong will be much appreciated! Don't want to be paying for stuff and then not get my money back from Infiniti!
As long as you don't have the graphite interior, then you should be ok...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally received a call back from Infiniti today and they spoke to my dealer and the rep told me my dealer (Infiniti of Serramonte) will no longer cover the warranty on my seats and they WILL NOT replace any 03/04 FX with the new 05 seats. The rep also dare to tell me to fix my own leather at my own expense!!!

I told the rep that this situation will be taken to the next level, and the case has now been escalated to a supervisor. The rep told me i should get a call back within 48 hours and if i don't, chances are I will pursue with the class action lawsuit way and I will definitely need to get enough support from all of you. I will talk to the lawyer that is representing the G35 owners first and see what he has to say. Also, i will bring this to the public media, which is my local tv station and ask them to do a story on the POS leather on my $50,000 car if they are interested.

The matter is now getting worse since many of my friends and associates are noticing the poor quality seats as the leather becoming more and more wrinkled and the sides begin to sag and getting dried up. Everyone now asked me why i bought a low quality FX and not a RX330 or cayenne instead.

Sorry about the venting despite that i still love the spirted driving the FX rewards me, but i am sick of getting into my car every morning and seeing the shi##y seats. Again, i will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
882 Posts
didn't realize they pretty much told you to go screw yourself... My leather is starting to look pretty crappy and dried up as well even though i've been conditioning it with lexol.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That's just insane.... WTF. Well, atleast they called you back! :roll:

Time to play hardball.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another update from the rep at infiniti:

So this rude supervisor called me and basically told me again to go screw myself. She claims that there's nothing wrong with the seats and again to confirm that the warranty WILL NOT cover it. Not only her tone of voice sounds like she didn't care, but also she raised her voice on me when I tried to explain the situation. I will never ever buy an Infinti again and I will contact a consumer affair lawyer as soon as i finish typing this.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You should have asked her why they bothered to change the seats for '05 if there was nothing wrong with them.
I love the car but starting to hate the mfr.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ujmot said:
You should have asked her why they bothered to change the seats for '05 if there was nothing wrong with them.
Yes i did and she said she wasn't aware of the changes. And she said if there were any changes, it has nothing to do with her since her job is only to deal with phone call complaints.

·
Registered
662 Posts
ujmot said:
My replaced seat covers are getting worse and it's too bad that Infiniti made such an awesome SUV but doesn't know how to take care of customers. FX is an exciting SUV but I wouldn't buy another Infiniti products. Period.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts