Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have not been able to figure out where either this new looking grill came from:

any ideas?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I'm pretty sure he made a custom grill... There were some mesh grills on sale before, but I'm pretty sure they're not made any more and they didn't look like that... His headlights are custom and looks like he went with HID fogs as well...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I figured that could be the case, the fit and finish of that grill looks almost OEM, the other SS mesh grills fit pretty poorly.

thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's a new idea, has anyone tried to buy one of the new grilles, and trim the mesh to fit inside the border of a donor gen-1 grill?

Doesn't seem like it would be that hard if the new QX60 grills are large enough to cover the space from the old grill?

Leave the chrome border of the original grill, cut out the rest of the inside, leaving only the chrome border...along with the original mounting points...

Then cut out the mesh from this grill and install it into the frame of the gen-1 grill?

If it could work I feel like it would update the look of the gen-1 trucks pretty dramatically

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
since the shape is a little different I'm not sure if the gen 2 grill will cover but it might be worth taking some measurements. You could try pm'ing Dr.2K over at Infinitiscene. I think he is still active. Might know where you can get a similar grill.

There are a few grills available for the 1st gen but they all seem to have a fairly large flat trim around them that doesn't look that great to me.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I saw that one, it was the best looking of the aftermarket grilles I've seen (other then the one at the top of this post), but none of those mesh one sit correctly to me in the grill gap. Maybe I'll try to fiddle around with it and see what I can do if I run across some cheap ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts