Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after about a month's wait, the new 2004-spec alum. trim bezel/finisher arrived from grubbs.....

after seeing several 2k4's hatch areas with the neat alum trim, i decided to upfate my plastic (only) trim....

carvey at grubbs (last piece i ordered from him) sourced the part all the way back to the FX's motherland, which took some time to get....

i was very happy when it arrived today...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as you can see, there's a piece missing from the center of the trim.....

kinda like a dish or bowl shaped piece............

its of no matter really though............

apon lowering the "trapdoor" back down, i noticed the trim edging is NOT the same shape between the 03 and 04, making the "trapdoor" not able to be fit, or lowered all the way, back down..............

:oops: :oops: :oops: :x :evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
of ALL things to redesign, WHY the trapdoor?? :cry:

sheesh!!

anyway, i will try to return this piece tomorrow, as i have no interest in shaving the door, or 'making' it fit close enough.....

i guess thas what happenes when you go to custom lengths......

hey--anyone have a price on the 04 trap door??

for now, im back to black, and still content

SMS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
D'OH!! THAT SUCKS!!!!! Sorry to hear that Scott....

·
Registered
98 Posts
esemes.... you really do spend a lot of time on your FX.

You really have some very cool ideas and very helpful.

I would like to thank you for all the stuff you did for the FX community.

Keep up the good work!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Scott is da man. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
esemes said:
yep, sure woulda been kewl........

the 2k3 trapdoor is 326.28 plus shipping.......(wonder if they'd take a trade-in)

NEXT!!!

:cry: :roll: :wink:
esemes, have you thought about making your own trapdoor. You should be able to cut a piece of good quality plywood and cover it with the same materal that is used on-stage type speakers and amplifiers that would come close to matching your existing trapdoor. Depending how good you are with your hands, this is not a hard project.

The following materal list should cover all the cost.
1/2 sheet 1/2' to 3/8" plywood -- $20
2 yards of speaker materal ------- $25
1 can 3-M spray glue ------------- $10
1 to 3 hrs labor -------------------- $??

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dinofx35 said:
I don't like the new silver look on my 04. I would consider trading my trap door and chrome trim for the old one if you are near Raleigh.
im in clearwater, florida.........

not too far away.....

can you upload a photo of the hatch on yours??? (that way i can see the b-16/brick/ combo with the alum. finisher)

thanks

sms

·
Registered
204 Posts
This post got me curious, so I took some photos of my '04. It's interesting that they changed the shape of the trap door, but they didn't change the shape of the cargo area protector.

Does anyone have an '04 cargo protector that looks like it has been updated? Mine wasn't and it was part of the factory options...

'04 cargo area

'04 cargo area with mismatched cargo protector - ignore the winter salt on the car :)

another pic

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Does anyone have an '04 cargo protector that looks like it has been updated? Mine wasn't and it was part of the factory options...
Just checked mine (which was also part of the factory options) and.... nope, same as yours. I never really noticed it before (at least not consciously) so thanks a lot for bringing it to my attention. :wink: It's pretty sad looking but not as sad looking as the winter salt on your bumper. :shock:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts