Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a pair of PIAA 9006 Xtreme White Plus bulbs (51W). I got them the other day and was trying to install them last night. Couldn't really get them in there. I compared the PIAA bulb with the stock bulb and the PIAA bulb was longer! No wonder it didn't fit. Both bulbs are 9006, you would think the size would be the same. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Anyone else using PIAAs for their fogs? Which ones?

Thanks!
---Dennis

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah, that was me. Dennis ordered me a set of Plasma Ions as thanks for helping him hardwire his V1 and install his Nav-TV (when he gets it). I wonder if they will be any different? They haven't come in yet, have they Dennis? This not be good. :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have Piaas for my fog lights. Look at the back of the fog light housing. You have 2 screws holding a metal ring down, those have to be loosened before you install the new bulbs. Once you loosen them, the bulbs go in with ease. I worked myself up because Ihad the same problem. I couldnt figure out why the bulb was not going back in the way the stock set was. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
aznwrr said:
I have Piaas for my fog lights. Look at the back of the fog light housing. You have 2 screws holding a metal ring down, those have to be loosened before you install the new bulbs. Once you loosen them, the bulbs go in with ease. I worked myself up because Ihad the same problem. I couldnt figure out why the bulb was not going back in the way the stock set was. Hope this helps.
thank goodness!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Fogs: PIAA 9006 bulbs not the right size?

dsmercado said:
I ordered a pair of PIAA 9006 Xtreme White Plus bulbs (51W). I got them the other day and was trying to install them last night. Couldn't really get them in there. I compared the PIAA bulb with the stock bulb and the PIAA bulb was longer! No wonder it didn't fit. Both bulbs are 9006, you would think the size would be the same. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Anyone else using PIAAs for their fogs? Which ones?

Thanks!
---Dennis
We tried installing the bulbs again on Saturday afternoon. This time it worked. It's kinda weird. The bulbs are indeed longer. Here's the trick: You have to insert the bulb at a different position than the stock bulb. You basically turn the bulb half as much as the stock bulb to lock it into place. It's hard to explain but it's secure and a weekend's worth of driving and the bulbs are still secure and functioning properly. Here are some pictures:

From right in front:

From the front at an angle, you will notice the Polarg turn signal bulbs as well:

Here's how it lights up the road ahead:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Very nice! :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Those match the HID's very nicely.

Nice...i was going to get the spark blues which are more expensive but may just go with the extreme white plus.

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
they look great...

are they the japanese PIAA's (non-english text on package)??

my spark blues are, and fit fine, with no difference from stock (i think)

i heard that the JPN PIAA's are a bit diff. than the US ones......

any truth in that, i wonder?

S

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone for their help and advice!

18 bulbs later and I can say I'm done with the bulb changes :D

esemes, i think the PIAAs were the Japanese version...there was a lot of Japanese writing on the package.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Looks good! Glad you got them working. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts