Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/INFIN ... p_946.html

Looks like it provides 2 RCA type inputs that are selectable with the SAT button on the stock head unit. This is only if you didn't get the satellite radio option. I drive through 2 long tunnels twice a day, so I opted to not get the satellite readio option.

I have my iPod connected to the DVD input but it just doesn't look factory enough to me and I may want to free that input up for something else.

How hard is it to get to the back of the head unit? Do I have to rip out the whole dash?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Supposedly in the trunk area... but I bet it would be easier to do it behind the radio. From what I've seen, it's not very hard to remove the trim / radio.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Getting behind the stock Head Unit is very easy. All you have to do is pull on the entire plastic center console (which covers the aircon vents, the climate control computer, the cd player, tape player.) What I normally do to get that piece off is to open the tape cover and just pull on that cover to unclip the bottom of the piece. then slowly pull on the top till the cover comes off. There is a wire connecting the head unit to the faceplate because of all the buttons are located on the face plate so when you pull off the cover just be careful of this wire.

I don't have any pics to make it easy for you to do, sorry. There are no screws you need to undo, it's all just clips and it's pretty easy to take off.

I don't know where the sat connector is, I do know it's not under the rear seat tho. It may be under the left side plastic trimming around the spare tire well. You may want to check there. It's not under the right side. I've checked there too!

I don't see why you say that this is going to make your set up look anymore factory than the dvd input method. :p

Let us know what happens!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ak1nza said:
Getting behind the stock Head Unit is very easy. All you have to do is pull on the entire plastic center console (which covers the aircon vents, the climate control computer, the cd player, tape player.) What I normally do to get that piece off is to open the tape cover and just pull on that cover to unclip the bottom of the piece. then slowly pull on the top till the cover comes off. There is a wire connecting the head unit to the faceplate because of all the buttons are located on the face plate so when you pull off the cover just be careful of this wire.

I don't have any pics to make it easy for you to do, sorry. There are no screws you need to undo, it's all just clips and it's pretty easy to take off.

I don't know where the sat connector is, I do know it's not under the rear seat tho. It may be under the left side plastic trimming around the spare tire well. You may want to check there. It's not under the right side. I've checked there too!

I don't see why you say that this is going to make your set up look anymore factory than the dvd input method. :p

Let us know what happens!
Any pics of your subwoofer install? (Your sig)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found that while was looking in to this. It should help. I just don't want to tear up the back of the car if the thing I'm installing needs to connect to the back of the head unit. I'm not sure which point it connects to, so that's what I was asking.

I'm using the DVD aux in now and it's fine. Not sure if it's worth the trouble to go to the SAT input.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
This is the back of the Murano radio (which should be basically the same as the FX's)

You should be able to install the PAC Audio AAI-NIS very easily back there. Simple plug and play... I'm gonna order this sometime this week.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Interesting. Please let us know how that works out for you ujmot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts