Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Jack at Unichip.They are currently working on a G35coupe chip and once understood will do the whole series(including FX).They will then do the Titan 56.If they get a lot of interest from the45 guys we can move in above the Titan on their list.Discounts are programmed by the size of a group buy(one factor against the Titan is the many Harnesses in use on them).FYI

·
Registered
882 Posts
what will the unichip do for a stock FX35 with some bolt ons? unless your running FI or hot cams it seems pretty useless.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can e-mail Jack at
[email protected]
or call.I found him to be very open.
I would guess A/F,rev limit, and better acceptance of mods.As others explained their approach,they alter the signal the srtock ECU receives along many variables and makes adjustments that way vs.reprogramming the ECU

·
Registered
882 Posts
There has been much debate about the unichip and its effectivesness on the Acura CL/TL forums. Pretty much only a very few people got this mod and from what i remember is didn't help the NA people much. Also, the unichip is not a standalone system. It is a piggyback system. I not really sold on unichip.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Piggyback systems can change the A/F (like a manual A/F controller), but as to my understanding, they cannot remove speed limiters or raise the redline; takes an ECU flash to do this.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If what they do is alter inputs from sensors,then things like rev limits,shift points are beyond their reach.Lot of $ for less than what we need(if correct).

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
So how would this compare to the Technosquare flash???

Since seems like these are the only two options, Other then full stand alone unit.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Noone listening hmmm

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TS is programmed for the 45 at least and could be programmed for the FX35 and mine just passed emissions...you can also get a custom programs at Altered Atmosphere and maybe TS

The Unichip would have to be programmed off dyno time by a reputable tuner(many will take your money and give you half a loaf)...but it will need to be tuned.I was just talking to a friend who is certified to do tuning and goes to all their classes and it is undetectable by a Consult and unpluggs in seconds.It is the only unit capable of pulsing a 7th or 9th injector(not just turning it on and off)You are off into new terretory which means big gains or no gains just $

1 - 10 of 10 Posts