Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a 3hr ride and my back was aching. Anyone else having issues with getting the seats adjusted. I've tried all positions. Feels like the lumbar support is too low and pushing my butt off seat rather that supporting my back. A precurser... Yes, I know I'm getting older.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Yes!I have a S-1 to L3fusion which further complicates,but I am readjusting often...would love more travel!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No probelms here. Been on epic road trips to each coats and comletely comortable. It took me quite a while to find that "just right" position, but once I did, I haven't had to re-adjust since. This includes the lumber suport, and I often have lower back pain. I keep mine set pretty low and if I satrt to get sore, all I need to do is switch on the seat heater and aim for the potholes; instant massage! :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Chaps said:
I just came back from a 3hr ride and my back was aching
I never stop trippin' when I see the "uncomfortable seat" posts (both here and in FA). How old are ya? I'm gonna be 40 this year and if it weren't for gas stops, piss breaks and the need to sleep, I could drive to NYC in my w/o a single stop.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Let me clarify,these are the best seats I and my passengers have been on...age and lower back problems will get your attention...4.5 hours .is my longest drive yet,only stopped once for those 2 necessities. Car is only one year old and I may still find out about the seat track..the multiple positions do let you play to change pressure....I like the massage trick,its easy to do in the NE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I have discovered the problem. When I went to the dealer for my last oil change, I sat in a new FX. The seat was firmer in the back. Mine is just a little too soft for me, it is not the contours. I took off the lower back panel of the seat, snaps off, and I inserted a 1" piece of high density foam across the entire back of the seat. If you look back there it, you rest against a little piece of foam, then they use the leather something like a hammock. This foam fills the gap between the front and the back of the seat. Anyway, I am good again, I really prefer the firmer feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts