Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 fx35 awd. Im unable to get the trunk to open. It tries to but locks itself back up when it can't. I have tried climbing into the trunk from back seat to pull the emergency lever but that doesnt work either. Will not open manually either. Need help? What do i do now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure the other door are unlocked, and push out hard when activating the emergency lever. It’s likely a lock actuator issue, and thankfully there is a good aftermarket alternative to the OEM actuator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried that. Even tried to kick it open. My mechanic has tried to as well. Every once in a while itll just pop open when im no where near a place to replace the part. Do you have a link to the aftermarket part? Closest infiniti dealership to me is 4 hours away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried that. Even tried to kick it open
I bought mine on ebay, and it works like new. Here is a link, it appears there is one left. 2003-2015 NISSAN INFINITI Liftgate Tailgate Trunk Lock Latch Actuator Motor OEM | eBay

A search on eBay will produce more options, I'm sure.
Thank you for that link. But it only helps me to find the part, but i cant replace the part because it wont open. Still need help with getting it to even open to get that part replaced. Nissan quoted me 4k to replace the whole trunk. Thats bs.
.My mechanic has tried to as well. Every once in a while itll just pop open when im no where near a place to replace the part. Do you have a link to the aftermarket part? Closest infiniti dealership to me is 4 hours away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have tried that. Even tried to kick it open

Thank you for that link. But it only helps me to find the part, but i cant replace the part because it wont open. Still need help with getting it to even open to get that part replaced. Nissan quoted me 4k to replace the whole trunk. Thats bs.
.My mechanic has tried to as well. Every once in a while itll just pop open when im no where near a place to replace the part. Do you have a link to the aftermarket part? Closest infiniti dealership to me is 4 hours away.
Perhaps try a locksmith. Or worst case, you could sacrifice the interior panel and cut it open to the point where you could disengage the lock. Replacing the whole trunk is nuts...because you'd have to get the old one off to put on a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps try a locksmith. Or worst case, you could sacrifice the interior panel and cut it open to the point where you could disengage the lock. Replacing the whole trunk is nuts...because you'd have to get the old one off to put on a new one.
I would rather sacrifice the interior panel for a fraction of the price. I would think anyone with a fair mind would do the same. Im not saying i cant afford to replace to whole thing as i have 3 other cars/trucks but also its just the principal of it. Its my favorite car to drive but its not a practical daily driver when i can not use the trunk for groceries.. lol . Does great in the winter time here in the midwest close to canada border.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would rather sacrifice the interior panel for a fraction of the price. I would think anyone with a fair mind would do the same. Im not saying i cant afford to replace to whole thing as i have 3 other cars/trucks but also its just the principal of it. Its my favorite car to drive but its not a practical daily driver when i can not use the trunk for groceries.. lol . Does great in the winter time here in the midwest close to canada border.
You can remove the interior rear gate panel. It's held in by plastic pins. Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen then a putty knife or something like that to pry them out. If you're careful, you can reuse them. I removed mine with the gate open, so I don't know how difficult that would be closed from the inside. My alarm kept going off randomly, and I narrowed it down to the relay (sorry don't know all the proper terms) that leads to the lock actuator. Still haven't replaced it because I'm not sure specifically what to search for, so I must open the gate manually - which is a minor pain since I don't open the back too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can remove the interior rear gate panel. It's held in by plastic pins. Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen then a putty knife or something like that to pry them out. If you're careful, you can reuse them. I removed mine with the gate open, so I don't know how difficult that would be closed from the inside. My alarm kept going off randomly, and I narrowed it down to the relay (sorry don't know all the proper terms) that leads to the lock actuator. Still haven't replaced it because I'm not sure specifically what to search for, so I must open the gate manually - which is a minor pain since I don't open the back too much.
Removing that panel will also give you a chance to inspect the lock actuator. Maybe something stuck where the lock connects to the trunk frame. You may try to pry the actuator since you will have access. Do you hear the actuator trying to open? Try disconnecting the relay and try the manual lever again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts