Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install a hitch for my FX. I cannot decide wheather to go with U-hual or OEM. U-Hual cost $140+install, while OEM is around $600+6hours of labour(which come to about $1200). I am leaning toward U-Hual since it is cheaper. Anyone have U-Hual hitch installed on their FX? How was the quality and what do you think of the U-hual hitch? Can you post some pics. so I can finalize my decision? Thanks Oh, if you want to know I am installing the hitch to so I can install a Thule bike rack for 4 bikes.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
go with the U-Haul...I sell them parts...LOL ! :lol:

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
had a uhaul hitch installed about a month or 2 ago. the OEM one was too expensive! i needed to tow a trailer. it doesnt look ugly to me at all. i kind of like it. hehe. and it has lifetime warranty. so even if you get in an accident and it gets messed up (even if it's your fault), uhaul will fix or replace it for free. good deal if you ask me! and if you need lighting and whatnot for the tow hitch, just need to buy a hitch wiring harness from infiniti and install it yourself. not hard to do. and if oyu're just towing bikes, no need to get the oem one IMO

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the replies. I finally made an appointment to have the hitch install by U-Hual. The $1200+ seem too steep and unjustify for me to spend. I just need the hitch to carry some bikes. So, $194 (hitch, installation and Tax) seem more of a logical choice. Yes, the OEM will probably look better but the price just out weight it. I won't be looking at the hitch anyway. So, it's no big deal. Now, can anyone suggest a bike hitch? I amlooking at Thule bike hitch for 4 bikes. Should I spend a $179 for the one the fold down or $399 for the one that swing out ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I have a swing out one thats just sitting in my garage & since my FX doesnt have a hitch i have no use for it. I will get the model number for you if you're interested......I'm in the San Gabriel Valley. So we're close by.........stay tuned.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for late reply but I've been away for a while. Well, this weekend I got screwed. I went to U-hual to get the hitch install but after waiting for an hour they told me that they've forgotten to order me the hitch. So, after I give them a piece of my mind I reschedule another appointment in two weeks.

Yes, Psiclne I would be totally interested if the hitch is in good condition and if the price is right. Let me know the model too. The local bike shop here will need to order for me also. They are asking for $299(-15% discount and 8.25% tax). Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
make sure the U-Hual hitch has the 2inch coupling and not the 1 3/4 or what ever the smaller one is. This will cause issues down the road when you want to get your bike rack that might be the 2inch.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
try the Saris ( http://www.saris.com ) rack. The frame is a good match to your DG. I have the 2-bike rack and have had no problems with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts