Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I went to the dealer, got this service bulletin work done. and the problem is not "gone". I notice that I do not have the really loud 'double-clunk' that sounded like something was loose and falling apart, but I still seem to get a single smaller clunk or pop coming from the same area, under similar conditions as before.

Just trying to see if anyone had this done is if the sounds have totally disappeared, or are they still there? :(

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FX35ngolf said:
Just trying to see if anyone had this done is if the sounds have totally disappeared, or are they still there?
I had it done. I have a one-story-high, 90-degree right turn up and out of my parking garage into the street and I don't hear the clunk any longer in the mornings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSB - redux

Okay, so I was complaining that my car sounded worse after the TSB than before, so I booked another appt to get it fixed (again). Service writer showed me that despite what they told me when I picked it up last time, that the work was never done because "the problem could not be replicated". They must have forgotten to drive it... :roll:

Anyway, it was so bad this time all they needed to do was drive into the service bay and I'm sure they ahd no doubts. Indeed! I picked it up and it was SILENT, TIGHT and WONDERFUL!!!

Now I believe in the fix... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts