Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried this Yesterday. And believe me, it works. This stuff is also a synthetic polymer base wax. I tried to get the ingredients but it was a secret. :?: All I know is that I received compliments from the way it glows. All I use is Meguiars, but this was the first time I came across this stuff. I am not knocking Zaino. That is also good but I think its too many steps. I am going to put another coat of that NXT on today to see where it takes me. :)
I know it sounds like a drug. :lol:

Introducing Meguiar's Next Generation of Technology...Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any car wax you have ever tried before. Nothing even comes close to this amazing product. All we ask is for you to try it. If it doesn't blow you away, send it back and get a full refund. If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without this product. Here is what this awesome product will do:
Your paint will be darker and richer and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen.
Our new ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tougher, polymer bond to your paint so it can provide extreme protection.
Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish.
Glides on and off easily. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal your dazzling, new finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
yeah, but like most "waxes" does it leave white marks on the black trim, and white powder next to trim and glass moldings? I still like WAXING FRENZY products! - Update 9-04 Update: ZAINO is a no Braino!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't notice any white residue on any surfaces other than what was on the paint, before I wiped it off. The molding or trimming didn,t have any residue left on it after I had finished wiping the FX down. I tried not to touch the molding for the most part thinking that there would be residue left, but everything was okay afterwards.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I tried this stuff on my DG fx45 and found it to be extremely easy to apply. I thought it looked pretty good -- better thanm ost waxes. I got this stuff from a detailer I know and he told me it looks the best on dark colours especially black. So all you fxers with black give it a shot and post your results.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Final test is it's durability. Does it hold up against Zaino in that department? Please keep us posted.

Sounds like the bigs have finally realized how much market share Zaino controls and wants a piece of it....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I applied a second coat yesterday and I think it looks richer. I went over to NYC on 42nd street and Wow I felt like a celebrity. Anyway, later that night it rained and after the FX dried off, it looked like it never rained on the truck. I didn't dry the truck off either. It still have that glossy look today. NXT works :D plus the meguiars tire spray in the can works also. :D

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
I swear by NXT - - easy application/removal, durability, brilliant shine, and relatively inexpensive!!!

It is the best wax I've ever used - - and it does wonders for my Chromies!!!

:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it can be layered. I applied two coats. I waited a day before applying a second coat. I did notice a difference. The fist time I applied it, I waited for an hour before taking it off. The directions say it will look like a dry film before removing it. I used a micro fiber cloth to remove it, and woala! I was bling blinging :D The next day I applied a second coat and then it was on. This is in ebonics terms. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Saw it in Target for like $15. I guess I should give it a try?

·
Registered
39 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
yeah, but like most "waxes" does it leave white marks on the black trim, and white powder next to trim and glass moldings? I still like WAXING FRENZY products!
Yup, it leaves a white residue on the moldings (crevices). But it works well! :razz:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The residue is easily removed with a tooth brush and a little soap. I recommend a tooth brush that you don't still use. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
finsfx said:
Final test is it's durability. Does it hold up against Zaino in that department? Please keep us posted.

Sounds like the bigs have finally realized how much market share Zaino controls and wants a piece of it....
I'd bet zaino has somewhere around a 2-3% "marketshare".. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
GeneArch said:
finsfx said:

I'd bet zaino has somewhere around a 2-3% "marketshare".. :roll:
in the aggergate, sure. but they want the hardcore detailer demographics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought the wash, the wax, the spray wax (booster) and the vinyl/rubber spray.

The wash is impressive, very slippery and once the car is dry, it looks waxed. The wax applies like any other liquid but wipes off so easily with micro-fiber towels. The easiest wax to remove that I have used. My only complaint is that it does leave white marks if you hit any black trim. Never have this problem with P21s. The car looks great, now we will see how well it endures the highways of Pennsylvania. I will spray the boost after my weekly wash and see how well it works overall.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Only been a couple of weeks but I am sold on this stuff. My FX was parked near a telephone pole at my office the other day. I hear all kinds of noise and the lights in the building go out, someone runs into my office and tells me that a transformer just blew up. He proceeds to tell me that my car was showered with sparks and debris from the transformer which happened to be on the pole near my car. Well I grab my keys, run out to the parking lot and there is a crowd around my FX. The hood is covered with ashes and burnt debris. I grab a micro-fibre rag and gently clean the car off and to my surprise, not one mark, scratch or sign of anything. I think that this wax had to help protect the car's finish.

BTW, I do not like the tire spray, too glossy and it turns brown. I will stick with 303 Protectant for my tires, nice satin finish.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NXT Generation Tech Protectant

I used this the other day, the instructions weren't very clear but I went along with what I wanted to do. I used the spary to detail the outside of the FX and it looks very good. The trim and the bottom side of the FX now looks better than it was when I first bought the FX. The rest of the FX looks like it was reconditioned with the polymer wax that I had mentioned earlier. After I applied it to the a light cotton cloth I went over everything. After that I used a microfiber cloth to heighten the glossy finish.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts