Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on the Autobahn coming from Mannheim going to Frankfurt on Autobahn 6. I passed a Maserati going about 90, he looked over at me and I guess did not know what I was driving. Anyway the speed limit was about 80 at that section of highway, but was about to change to unlimit about 300 yards up. He got in behind me to let me know that he was getting ready to move me out of the way. As I stated, he did not know what the vehicle was, so he underestimated the speed in which he would have to use to get that done! I dropped to 3rd and was off!! It took him by total surprise and it was a good while before he caught up. He caught up and I moved over but he caught **** passing me and when he did we came up on traffic and had to slow. He gave me a big grin and thumbs up, which is the biggest compliment you can get over here. In short, he could kick my butt, but I earned his respect and thats what counts! He kept going back and forth looking the vehicle over. Infiniti if you are reading, you have no idea what type of vehicle you have. THE Euros love it, you guys might be getting dissed in the press over there, but over here they love this thing! I think I should be getting paid for all the press that I give Infiniti over here, and I know I could make better commercials!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
MAN!!! That's Awesome.
I so wanna be you! Driving there with a beast that stands out so much :D !!!
Keep it up and post all the stories!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, I was driving on the same part of the Autobahn last weekend and I noticed, that mostly BMW X5 and Mercedes M-class drivers were looking at my car. :D I don't know if it is because they have no idea what just passed them or that the FX is much cooler looking than their ride. 8)

Axel

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both, my man, both! I have people on the Bahn pulling up at speed and breaking their necks to get a good look, and when I open it up, they lose their minds!

·
Registered
292 Posts
In order for the FX to be sold in Europe I think it would have to be offered with a manual transmission. I have always heard that at least. Any truth to that you think?

Anyway, my best Autobaun story is just driving on it. Wow, what a blast. Drove from Cologne to Frankfort to Heidelberg to Munchin to Austria (Castle tour) to Stuttgart. The fastest the poor Opel Vectra 2.2 Caravan would do was 224 kph going downhill. That was when I was trying to keep up with a MB wagon. Man he was flying. Ran about 180-190ish most of the trip and watched my rearview mirror constantly. Very cool. I WISH we had those same driving rules over here. Makes travel sooo much more enjoyable! :wink:

"Left-blinker" runner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.