Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I live in Wisconsin and just got dumped on with a foot of snow. I must say I was amazed how well the FX handled it. Anyway, I was driving around after the streets were plowed back to pavement and noticed that the truck shakes at anything over 40mph. The steering wheel shakes and the shifter handle shakes as well. Any ideas on what is wrong?
Thanks,
Nick :(

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
hombogero said:
My guess is you have snow in your rims. Let your car thaw. Which I'm sure would be hard right now :D

Probably so.
The whole undercarriage in general, springs especially, when packed with snow will cause this to happen. I've had it happen many, many times over the years with several different types of vehicles, including three Jeeps. Once it thaws out, it'll go away. (unless something else has happened which isn't likely)
I've not had that happen to me with my FX so far this winter (knock on wood) and I was pushing snow with the bumper a few weeks ago when we got 40+ inches in 2 days.
If the springs are really bound up, you'll want to take it easy for a bit though till it clears itself out. You could cause damage by hitting a hole or something too hard when their not able to work properly. Usually, it'll clear itself just from driving.

·
Registered
779 Posts
...could be a bent rim or unbalanced tires as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts