Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an Infiniti fx35 2005, the car drives amazing. Transmission is usually perfect. Although it when it is below -10 Celsius it will sometimes shift gears at unusual times. For example it seems to downshift while I’m driving at a steady speed - can be while in second or in 4-5th gear. I won’t be pressing the gas any harder and it will do a downshift that is a little jerky then go back to being smooth. It’s hard to explain. Any insight ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since you live up north you might laugh at this but it is something I’ve discovered. I drive almost exclusively in tennis shoes year round. So of course I know the feel of a pedal. Well come winter time and I strap on my warm boots. They are easily 3-4 times as heavy as any pair of sneakers I own.

I just recently noticed that I definitely put more stress on the engine/transmission by simply driving. I thought it was for sure the car for a while until I realized how heavy I actually let my foot be on the pedal. I would just be cruising like it sounds like you’re doing and boom it would slam into a lower gear to accelerate. I was always shocked as I was doing nothing different. Turns out I was an idiot and just resting something heavier on throttle than my muscle memory was used to.

Not to say there might not be actual transmission issues going on with your vehicle. But I thought I could at least give you a laugh at a dumb American lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts