Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

First off let me say thank you any and all responses. Any help would be appreciated

I recently (today) bought a 2005 FX RWD for dirt cheap with the understanding there may be a transmission issue. Below is what I know so far:

Key fob works but it's beeping when the car turns on. It does it regardless if the physical key is being used it just the fob. Only one key was available

Car will go into all gears and will activate the back up camera but won't move. Transmission levels will be checked tomorrow and I will update

Seems to be a lot of moisture in the driver side floor but unknown the cause. No odor to it that I could tell

Any suggestions on some diagnostics with the transmission would be greatly appreciated. I have never played and with an Infinity prior so I'm learning as I go.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would start by checking fluid level.Some Nissan and Infiniti's have had issues with the tranny cooler in the radiator.They can fail and allow coolant into transmission.I bought an Xterra a few months ago that had this problem.Ended up pulling tranny pan and found tranny filter completely plugged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the advice. I did check the tranny level, which was normal level but absolutely black. Not the best sign. Sending it to the mechanic tomorrow to find out how bad it is. I'm guessing I'll need a new tranny.

Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts