Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through many posts but my request is a little different.

I'm within days of purchasing an FX35 with an OEM hitch. My requirement is to not tow anything, but to carry my motocross bike on a manual/hydraulic platform. Total weight with platform and bike is 350 lbs. The FX35 tongue weight capacity is 2,000 and the FX50 is 3,500. The local dealer is adamant the 35 will carry the load the OEM hitch incorporates a 2" receiver. I've use the rig on my last two MDX's and it works great, only now i really want the FX.

Thanks for any valuable input.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
The problem you will run into is that the hitch on the FX is very low and further under the bumper.
I have used the rail style http://www.versahaul.com/vh55ro.php just to get the carrier home and it scrapped the road over minor humps. This was with nothing on it or in the back of the FX.
I would try to find someone in your area that has an FX that you can try it out on (with the bike) and make sure that you have the clearance.

What bike do you have that only weighs 350lbs with the carrier? (I need to find a lighter bike!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plus is the platform is on a articulated joint and raises the bike up about 16-18". I do see your point about the frame scraping the road or storm gutter, good point. I did ask the dealer if they could locate a 35 and verify my rig will work.
My bike is a 2011 KTM SXF-350, total weight (wet) 245 lbs. plus the hauler, 70 lbs. give or take.

Thanks for your input
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts