Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install a Hidden Hitch for my 2010 FX35 to tow my new boat trailer. Could someone please give me some advice on the following;
1> Should I get an OEM or from Hidden Hitch (Code # 87498). I was told that OEM is actually manufactured by Hidden. Does it mean they are the same ?
2> Somewhere in this site I read that a member had installed the harness using the plug and play design. I need a 5-pin connector for the trailer. Can I use "T-One Connector w/upgraded Circuit Protected Modulite" (Code #118477) harness for this purpose ?
3> Has any one used this before and is there any video clip or photos showing where is the location of the plug for the connection in the car ?
Please help if you have related info and thanks in advance !

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I'll move this to the correct subforum for you, since this is towing related.

If you look in this subforum, there are lots of threads that discuss the different towing hitches and wiring harness applications. For example, here is one on the Hidden Hitch ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18542. And here is one on the OEM hitch ---> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15856. I believe that Hidden Hitch does make the OEM hitch for Infiniti, but I might be wrong. They look the same to me. I'd go with the Hidden Hitch because its cheaper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been contemplating between the Hidden Hitch and OEM also. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a picture of the Hidden Hitch with a 2' receiver. The one in the link above is a smaller receiver. Can anyone else chime in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think InfinitiPartsUSA.com carries the plug'n'play harness. I would try calling them to doublecheck. The website for Hidden hitch does not have the 2" receiver for a 2004 FX45 unfortunately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I was not aware that your fx is 04.
Thanks for your info. Please let me know the outcome after you have checked with InfinitiPartsUSA, what I need is a 5-pin type but not the 4-pin. My trailer has a back-up solenoid which needs a fifth wire from tail-light.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally found a Hitch Company to purchase and install the Hidden hitch Class III for me. Also installed the plug & play harness with 4-pin connector, additional 5th pin had to add 1 cable and connect from tail-light. Installation took total 3 hours to complete and looked real nice. A 7-pin connector with LED lights is connected with a mounting plate welded to the hitch. I am ready to tow my trailer now.
Thanks to all guys in this forum for providing me all the info !

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
So I guess the 5-pin that you wanted isn't available? Glad you managed to have everything installed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the hitch and instal cost all together? I recently purchased my fx35 '08 and just left the dealership, they want $1000 bucks to do the instal. I've shopped around and can get the hitch put in for cheaper but no one will do the wiring for me. Was wondering if a grand is normal or if it is a ripoff???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts