Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever think of trading in their 04 FX35 for a 04 FX45? Dealers are making crazy deals now on 04 FX45's ($6K off MSRP) and I can get a FX45 w/Touring (no tech) for $42.5K OTD with my FX35 trade-in (still owe about $32.5K on it).

Is the $$$ "bath" you're gonna take with the trade-in worth the extra performance? That test drive sure was nice. Looks like insurance costs will remain the same and gas mileage isn't a factor (I only get 13MPG with my FX35 AWD now so it can't get any worse). Any other additional costs with the V8?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only difference i see with the 2 models you are speaking of is power. Have you considered the SC route?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
With the + 2 advance and the K&N and $300 exhaust you would be so far ahead of where you are,but not up to the SC(which may need trans work trans cooler and oil cooler).
NA vs Blown are also very diff feels in everyday driving!

very persomnal call!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think if I was in your shoes, considering that you've had no luck getting them to fix your MPG issues, I'd seriously consider trading. The only question would be if you'd want to move up to the 45 or not. You might want to think about removing all of your bolt-ons, and putting them in a new 35, since you surely won't get any value trading them in. Or maybe, just sell 'em here, and get the 45. Personally, I'd be tempted by the new M45.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know whether the $10K off deals for the FX45s are coming back for this year?

·
Registered
119 Posts
No interest, no wrinkles, no bubbles, no squeaks, no leaks and no rails. :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I thought that they did those $10k in Jan or Feb when they felt that they were really stuck with them.

If it was my money I would SC before I would buy the 45.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
You are crazy, but that has nothing to do with a trade for a 45 :lol:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
So if you blow his doors off next week, he'll be looking for a 45 too. ...with pinstriping!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
So if you blow his doors off next week, he'll be looking for a 45 too. ...with pinstriping!
What is this IF stuff you are talking about?

It is WHEN!!!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Geo go to your local dealer , test drive a 45, de-badge it or put 35 on stripe it , Race "G" for 10 grand, beat him ,go back to dealer........... :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
I believe that $10k off deal was available between the dealer and Infiniti. One time Grubb's sales manager said dealer had to sell certain numbers to get $10k off per FX45. I think this deal was long gone.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PINITI-FX said:
Geo go to your local dealer , test drive a 45, de-badge it or put 35 on stripe it , Race "G" for 10 grand, beat him ,go back to dealer........... :D
:lol:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Come next October an '04 FX will already be 2 year vehicle versus an '05 model that is practically around the corner. However a fat discount you might be able to squeeze outta your dealer, the bad olde Infiniti depreciaton won't fail to negate it.
On another note, as time goes on they seem to screw up a good thing more and more. First with that '04 softish suspension that's eaten into skidpad #s, then Richard Simmons-special stamped aluminum console - WTF was that anyway ? - while leaving wheel spoke inserts design intact, and then a final kick in the groin - riceboy taillights :roll: .

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
GeoFX said:
Anyone ever think of trading in their 04 FX35 for a 04 FX45? Dealers are making crazy deals now on 04 FX45's ($6K off MSRP) and I can get a FX45 w/Touring (no tech) for $42.5K OTD with my FX35 trade-in (still owe about $32.5K on it).

Is the $$$ "bath" you're gonna take with the trade-in worth the extra performance? That test drive sure was nice. Looks like insurance costs will remain the same and gas mileage isn't a factor (I only get 13MPG with my FX35 AWD now so it can't get any worse). Any other additional costs with the V8?
I'm thinking "Trade" too. :? Is your MPG Still 13? :( Mine's 15 (80% city) even After mods! * Are you still thinking like this? ~ You're not Nuts, we were kidding ourselves when/if we thought better MPG was a reason to get a 35! :roll: 45 Baby, 45!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
hey...after a time of owning this car, you know what you like about it and what you dont as well as what you wished you had done. if you can afford it, there is no reason not to go to a newer version of a 45 (i.e.. if thats what fill in the gaps for you) . i bought this car as a keeper (i.e.. my daily driver and then to keep even after im done using it daily). i think it will be a neat auto to have 30 years down the road whether its a success or an absolute failure in the long run. i myself might trade up to a 45 because i can get a real deal and minimize the extra cost.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I have a tendency to always get the top of the line or best, whatever the item may be even if its a little more money. Cause If I dont, I find myself thinking like the posts in this thread. Even my wife who usually complains that I "have to get the best one" has come around with the choice to get the 45. If youre thinking about trading up, just do it. If not,you'll always say "Gee I wish i had the 45 right there".

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you still like FX35 but want more HP for around $45k, I think FX45 is the only option.

I wouldn't trade my 35 for a 45 because of more HP. To me, they are same cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts