Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flight from Taiwan to SF is preety long so I decided I want to get myself a little present to play with on the flight over. I am either going to get the new PSP-1000K from Sony Playstation or the new Nintendo DS.

Which one should I get any comments or suggestions would be great!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( :( :(

I only get to fly Business Class so the level of the flight attendants is a little different especially for China Airlines.

Jim :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
its 2am... im leavin the house at 6am.. leaving the usa at 11am... back in bahrain after a 17 hour flight (1 stop over)!

wish me luck..

ill b back in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks...

*counting down the minutes* :roll:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
New Sony definitely looks cool but the Nintendo has a long and strong game development pipeline and you can still play all the GB and GBA games on the DS.

I just gave away my GBA SP to my nephew when he was visitng over Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shady

It sucks to be an uncle, I did the same thing too.

Jim

·
Registered
848 Posts
hm478 said:
Havn't any experience with any of them..

but get a Rubix cube.. that'll keep ya busy! :twisted:
Figured that out back in '82...only takes a couple minutes to do it once you know the method.

I really hate those flights. My worst was when my company sent me from Seoul to San Fran to St. Louis to Frankfurt...all with no overnights. We were required to fly an American carrier due to being on a govt. contract, and none went directly from Korea to Germany. I told them I'd leave if they ever did that to me again. :evil:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Today my wife finally bought a DS for our kids. She checked with everywhere and they were all sold out. Not bad but I expected bigger screen.

Jim, have a fun. I used to fly to Korea quite often and it's a looooong flight.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah carring notebooks on board airplane is too much trouble. Thats why I am so interested in getting one of those new toys.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
Be careful to fly with really new toys. I was one of those early Treo 600 buyer and was pulled out of the line by an airport security guy. He didn't know what it was and asked me to turn it on and etc. :x

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you like your treo 600, I only think its ok, thinking about getting the new 650 thats comming out with the better screen and camera. Currently I am using the Moto V3 and A780 as part pda, anyone use the treo 650 yet?

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
jimsbmw said:
How do you like your treo 600, I only think its ok, thinking about getting the new 650 thats comming out with the better screen and camera. Currently I am using the Moto V3 and A780 as part pda, anyone use the treo 650 yet?

Jim
I actually like key pad setting better than other Palm's "handwritting" methods. IMO, as a phone, Treo 600 is not as nice as some other "true"phones and like its feature as a PDA. I use it w/ ACT and love it. Had Samsung's i500 for about a week and returned it since it crashed 4-5 times. Liked its pkg though. I may get i600 if quality has improved or 650.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
topguy said:
and was pulled out of the line by an airport security guy. He didn't know what it was
Was this a TSA employee? Those are the folks too stupid to work fast-food; it doesn't surprise me.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I bought the DS for xmas, It is pretty cool.

Mine had a dead pixel right out of the box :( But nintendo sent me one to my house in 2 days. :)

It only comes with a demo game and there are no other DS games on the market just yet, but it does by the gb advance games.

Of course, I dont have any gb advance games.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They do have a few games out over here I think total about 6 but all japanese version.

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
The PSP is not region locked, meaning you can play games from the US or Japan on it! Good since you are back and forth tween the US and Japan.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Cool fones anyone?

I would go with xda mini, xda 2s, or p50. They all have 1.3 mp cams.

xda2s and p50 have wifi and 128 megs of ram, around 400mhz and qwerty.

xda minis has 64 megs of ram, around 400 mhz, but sick battery life and is the smallest.

xda mini and 2s

razr with mini

mini

p50 (only a tiny bigger than the xda mini. smaller than treos

p50 has a 262k tft screen! 4 hours talk time or wifi usage!

I'm deciding between p50 and mini right now to keep me busy till FX season.... 8)

Xda2s is around 1k. Mini is around 700, p50 will be aroudn 500.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Curently I am using the moto V3 but also the smartphone A780 but thats only ok. The O2 xda2 looks like something I was using before the A780 its called dopod 818.

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts