Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get a set of Toyos to replace the lousy Goodyears (lasted 25k). A buddy of mine at work has the 22" Toyos on his Ram. He says they suck in the wet. I haven't seen any definitive answers about them on this or the other board. Now I am thinking twice and maybe going with the Falkens. The Miss drives the Pumpkin mostly so I want something good in the wet and NE snows. Any thoughts or testimonials?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Toyos are definately softer and less grippier than OEMs. But gives better ride which I wanted and I love those tread patterns. Tire guy said they should perform better on snow and mud. Toyos are about $70-80 more expensive per tire.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
A few in Taiwan are using Nitto 420S and it gripps pretty well.

Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got the Toyo's last week

Well, I finally decided that at 26k, the OEM GoodYear 20's had seen their better days. There was still probably 3k-4k of tread left, but not something to enter the winter with. I got the Proxes S/Ts and love them so far. No more road noise than the OEMs, and they seem to grip quite well ( I haven't taken the off ramps above 50 yet, so I do not have an 'extreme' to compare them with. I will likely be taking the FX to Vermont Thursday during the forecast rain and 'yuck', so between wet and snow up there, I'll have a report next week on the slippery performance.

Love the look - very aggressive. One of my rims got scratched during the swap - and I know the guys were being super-careful (because they know me, and like my car) but the machine slipped. They are going to have it repaired when I have time to leave it for their paint guy, but it goes to show that even with extreme care, accidents can happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Toyo Proxes S/T

I just got the Toyo Proxes S/T and they are great! Good grip and low road noise. I really like the agressive tread pattern..very cool. I got them at a pretty good price $229 per tire..still expense however they are look and ride great.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
2Fast4U said:
I weighted my OEM tire&wheel at 71 lbs. Anyone with after market tires and stock rims, please weight it in if you have a chance. Thanks
What year is your car a 03 or 04?

Jim

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
jimsbmw said:
2Fast4U said:
I weighted my OEM tire&wheel at 71 lbs. Anyone with after market tires and stock rims, please weight it in if you have a chance. Thanks
What year is your car a 03 or 04?

Jim
Mine is non-chrome, 2003.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Thanks

I heard that the 2003 wheels are a little heavier than the 2004.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts