Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Toyo Proxes S/T tires on their FX? How do they compare to the OEMs? Thanks

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
At least a couple guys here are. I'm sure they can provide more info., but I've driven DAVESNELLING's RWD '35 with the Toyos and done some G-tech runs. I didn't notice much difference in ride quality, but did notice more tire noise. I didn't take any hard corners, so can't comment on that aspect, but to me, they actually seemed to have a bit less grip than the stock tires in a straight line. I got a fair amount of wheelspin doing G-tech runs in his stock vehicle, while I got much less in my modded, faster vehicle on stock tires. The Toyos do have a considerably higher treadwear rating than the stock tires.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
This Cayenne runs 192mph on Toyo Proxes ST tires.

Question is, which ST? Toyo's website lists high-performance V, W and Y rated STs. Max mph for the Ys is 186.

The Cayenne article says the STs are "ultra-high performance." (emphasis by me)

·
Registered
124 Posts
reports are the toyo's are better in the snow. Didn't hear anything about more road noise. I am also thinking of getting the toyo's later this year.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have them since November.They are quiet,work very well in snow,v good in rain,not quite excellent-better than stock though,.
I have 265/45x20 did this for a reason on 20x9 rims.

If you can wait closer to the fall or later do.Give full thread depth for their first winter and wear off some for spring hard driving...this is a block thread and deep so some wear will improve handling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts